Sectional Cup Final

lobey dosser

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice little turn for the match programme sold out with 25 minutes before kick off and a hefty wee sum into the Building Committee coffers. Great crowd there today and a smashing day for football. No luck for the "Gow" but well done for reaching the final.

Very impressive performance from Talbot saw them run out 6-1 winners against Lesmahagow.
Midway through the 1st half Stephen Wilson forced the ball home from close range to put his side in front.
Graham was next up when he got on the end of a ball played in from the left, & blasted home from 8yds.

Half Time - Talbot 2- 0 Gow.

Gow started the 2nd half on the attack, but like all good teams that’s when Talbot are at their most dangerous. Jamie Glasgow found himself in acres of space on the right, ran into the box, & fired low into the Gow net.
Sean McIlrory entered the field & swiftly put the Gow to the sword with a quick double.
With 10mns left Jonny McStay muscled his way past the Talbot defence & fired the ball high into the net from around the penalty spot.
Talbot kept the best till last when Mark Shankland got on the ball in the old inside right position, he played a pass of the highest class inside the Gow defence Jamie Glasgow who shot home from the corner of the 6yd box.
Very healthy attendance, tremendous location,well done to everyone for organising a fine Cup competition.

All good apart from the location. Too far for the travelling fans. Vould have easily had it anywhere in East Ayrshire or a toss of the coin to play at each others park. Another day for the pollok coffers

Does anyone have the Gow starting eleven and subs?

Gow team 1-11:

Sandy Thomson
Scott Falconer
Jordan Whitefield
Paul Woodlock
Neil Schonville
Gary Nicholson
Ryan Innes
Steve Clark
James Faughnan
John McStay
Kyle Weir

Subs:
Darren Lygate
Matty Clark
Scott Schonville
Jason Thomson
Jordan Lithgow

Yous have some squad depth down there how many players do yous have ?  3,6,8 strolled it for yous fantastic players. Looking forward to coming to beechwood spoke with all your comitte a real good bunch of guys see yous in a few weeks :whistle

43 minutes ago, Thegow1 said:

Yous have some squad depth down there how many players do yous have ?  3,6,8 strolled it for yous fantastic players. Looking forward to coming to beechwood spoke with all your comitte a real good bunch of guys see yous in a few weeks :whistle

Need a large squad for the amount of games  . Well done gow players even 6-0 down never stop trying hope yous kick on and get promotion . See yous in 2 week

Hope the 'Gow fans really enjoyed their day out. Great to see everybody freely mixing with no segregation. Would be interesting to find out the official attendance as we reckoned there must have been nigh on 1,000 there. Thought the playing surface was attrocious - grass not cut, lines weren't whitened making the game especially difficult for those officiating when not being able to use them for guidance on some decisions. Thought the referee was the best I've seen this season by a country mile. So often in the past these big games have been spoiled by referees who think the game is all about them. Take a bow, Graham Grainger, you let the game flow. You played advantage where it was applicable, and bought back play for the free kick if it didn't work out. Bookings kept to a minimum as well. Top class refereeing.

42 minutes ago, ladeside77 said:

Got told crowd was just under 900 paying customers, about 890 or so, that,s a tremendous crowd, poor if the pitch was no up to scratch.

Thank feck Isa is away because there was no way that was a 890 crowd.

I read on twitter
Folk from other clubs players managers and committee freeloaders decided to take in the match and spent most of the game slagging Lesmahagow
Couple of points one
It was a remarkable achievement for the gow just to get to final and given the resources of both clubs it was always gonna be a huge ask in the final to win it.
And 2 if I find out the names of those involved I will name and shame them as they are an embarrassment to junior football
A final should a celebration not an excuse for freeloading horrible individuals to turn up and run there mouths off against a fellow club and fellow players .

I read on twitter
Folk from other clubs players managers and committee freeloaders decided to take in the match and spent most of the game slagging Lesmahagow
Couple of points one
It was a remarkable achievement for the gow just to get to final and given the resources of both clubs it was always gonna be a huge ask in the final to win it.
And 2 if I find out the names of those involved I will name and shame them as they are an embarrassment to junior football
A final should a celebration not an excuse for freeloading horrible individuals to turn up and run there mouths off against a fellow club and fellow players .
I wouldn't believe everything you see on twatter, as far as I'm aware Lesmahagow did themselves proud.

I did hear certain Ayrshire based managers were there, the same ones who maybe didn't rate the competition.

So as you can see some certain managers( you know who you are) as are fickle as some old firm fans lol

I wouldn't believe everything you see on twatter, as far as I'm aware Lesmahagow did themselves proud.

I did hear certain Ayrshire based managers were there, the same ones who maybe didn't rate the competition.

So as you can see some certain managers( you know who you are) as are fickle as some old firm fans lol
It was from gow's own twitter page so I would imagine it's true
Just no need for such behaviour

Archived