Ross County vs Ayr - Top of the Table Clash

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Buzzing for this not sure if I’m more excited for the game or to be sinking pints in The Mallard pre-match. 

Remember, if someone chucks a pint dish, Duck...................

On 07/10/2018 at 01:50, RossCountyFan14 said:

Probably County’s toughest test this season too. Haven’t seen much of Ayr this year, how do you’s play? Fast paced, high pressure and very attacking by sounds of it? Ross draper getting a red card today will be a tough loss for this game as he’s been great at breaking up play. Calling a 2-2 draw for this one

We largely play on the break with one out and out striker up front and one tricky guy (Moff) in the hole who really makes us tick up front plus two 'wingers' who usually cut inside rather than head for the byline but both have decent crosses on them. Not particular pacy team but high energy, yes. We play a high press but generally only once as you enter our half. Very solid and well organised defensively all over the pitch and a young but confident Celtic-third-choice loanee keeper.  Vulnerable to out-and-out pace but who isn't? 

Head says we should be delighted by a 2-2 draw but heart says this team are greedy and if they score first I think Ayr should win. 

Favourite away day ever ever was our last trip up there when we were in this division and drew 1-1 in the snow thanks to a Liam Tomsett thunderpeach

not sure I'll be up this time round though but aiming to be at the next game vs Inverness :) 

29 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Favourite away day ever ever was our last trip up there when we were in this division and drew 1-1 in the snow thanks to a Liam Tomsett thunderpeach

not sure I'll be up this time round though but aiming to be at the next game vs Inverness :) 

At least you'll see your team win on that away trip, shame about having to go to the Council dump in Inverness to do it.

What excuse will the Ayr fans use when the shit hits the fan? Too many injuries? McCall was never any good? Refs being biased against diddy teams?

Why would we make any excuses?

We’re punching well above our weight at the minute so if the miracle happens and we end up winning it then fucking fantastic. If we don’t win it then it’s hardly the end of the world. I’m still pretty confident we’ll finish in the play offs.

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’re punching well above our weight at the minute so if the miracle happens and we end up winning it then fucking fantastic. If we don’t win it then it’s hardly the end of the world. I’m still pretty confident we’ll finish in the play offs.

Spot on. Couldn’t have put it better myself. 

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Well, that was zero fun.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

What excuse will the Ayr fans use when the shit hits the fan? Too many injuries? McCall was never any good? Refs being biased against diddy teams?

If we didn't win another game all season (which obviously isn't going to happen), then it will still have been one of our most memorable and enjoyable seasons in recent history as we skelped Morton 5-1 at Cappielow, not forgetting yourselves 4-1 at Somerset and of course a few "big scalps" along the way in Thistle and Dundee Utd.

#inthebigtimeagain

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Aliens

Pars fans in June:   "a strikeforce of Moffat and Shankland in the Championship? Lolololol yous will never score any goals and straight back down".    

Ahem.  

Anyway -  having sat and watched that disgrace of a Scotland performance last night i'm even more looking forward to this one.  Supporters bus leaves at 8 - how long a journey is it on a bus?  

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Pars fans in June:   "a strikeforce of Moffat and Shankland in the Championship? Lolololol yous will never score any goals and straight back down".    

Ahem.  

Anyway -  having sat and watched that disgrace of a Scotland performance last night i'm even more looking forward to this one.  Supporters bus leaves at 8 - how long a journey is it on a bus?  

From memory around 4 hours however there’s every chance the bus(s) could stop at a pub on the way up to break up the journey. 

Archived