Ross County vs Ayr - Top of the Table Clash

This battle between what is clearly the two best teams in the league requires two weeks of build up.

Amazingly we’ve managed to string together 4 wins on the bounce but this should be our toughest test given the squad Ross County have assembled.

No idea what kind of team we’ll put out but I reckon we’ve got a real good shot of winning this and putting ourselves 5 points clear at the top.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said before the Dundee Unt game I'd be happy with 4 points out of these two games now I'm gready and want all 6, maybe if we are sitting 5 points clear after the first quarter of the season other teams will take us seriously as McCall likes to say we ain't plucky wee Ayr any more
Team
Dohaan
Smith Bell Rose Harvie
Geggan Kerr Murdoch McDaid
Moffat Shankland
Harsh to leave big Jamie out but bell very rarely puts a foot wrong.
2-1 Ayr Shankland and McDaid with the goals

2 minutes ago, Queens1919 said:

Best teams in the league don’t get shoed 5 zip. Don’t know how yous are doing it after watching yous at Palmerston. But fair doos.

Every team has an off day. 

Best teams in the league don’t get shoed 5 zip. Don’t know how yous are doing it after watching yous at Palmerston. But fair doos.
No excuses you gave us a lesson but I don't think it was a coincidence that the club was unsettled that week with Falkirk trying to pinch our manager and Shankland being linked with a different club everyday.

Similarly, I'm unsure how the team that handed out that shoeing have only managed 3 points out 12 since. Don't know how you managed that, but fair doos.

Probably County’s toughest test this season too. Haven’t seen much of Ayr this year, how do you’s play? Fast paced, high pressure and very attacking by sounds of it? Ross draper getting a red card today will be a tough loss for this game as he’s been great at breaking up play. Calling a 2-2 draw for this one

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:
2 hours ago, Queens1919 said:

Similarly, I'm unsure how the team that handed out that shoeing have only managed 3 points out 12 since. Don't know how you managed that, but fair doos.

Plastic pitch

9 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:
10 hours ago, Queens1919 said:

Brilliant.

10 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:
10 hours ago, Queens1919 said:

49 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Brilliant.

:thumsup2

Expect there to be plenty of goals in this. Looks like any game Shankland plays in, he'll score and more than likely more than one.

Have to use Vigurs and Mullin effectively to get three points.

12 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:
12 hours ago, Queens1919 said:

Harkins has fulfilled his contractual obligation to have 2 good games a season?

I've booked on the bus for this one. Never been to Victoria Park so it seems like the perfect time to change that!   Be a very tough test but i'm always confident that we can get a goal so always got a chance. 

On 07/10/2018 at 01:50, RossCountyFan14 said:

Probably County’s toughest test this season too. Haven’t seen much of Ayr this year, how do you’s play? Fast paced, high pressure and very attacking by sounds of it? Ross draper getting a red card today will be a tough loss for this game as he’s been great at breaking up play. Calling a 2-2 draw for this one

Sexily.

Archived