Ross County vs Ayr - Top of the Table Clash

Really looking forward to this as I've not managed to get home for a match since Alloa at the start of the campaign. 

Defence meets attack. Ayr have conceded more goals in 72mins against QotS than we've let in all league season. :lol:

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Really looking forward to this as I've not managed to get home for a match since Alloa at the start of the campaign. 

Defence meets attack. Ayr have conceded more goals in 72mins against QotS than we've let in all league season. :lol:

Ayr conceded more in 72mins against QOS than we've conceded in our other 7 games combined :lol:

I've still not quite managed to gain full confidence in this County team yet. I think they've got an absolutely horrendous performance in them, and every week I think "this is the one where they f**k it". That's probably what the last two seasons (and some) have done to me. 

Very impressed by what Ayr have managed to do so far this season - albeit, I've not actually seen any of their highlights or performances. They sound like they're a cohesive unit that plays direct football, much like the First Division winning County team did.  

26 minutes ago, yoda said:

I've still not quite managed to gain full confidence in this County team yet. I think they've got an absolutely horrendous performance in them, and every week I think "this is the one where they f**k it". That's probably what the last two seasons (and some) have done to me. 

Very impressed by what Ayr have managed to do so far this season - albeit, I've not actually seen any of their highlights or performances. They sound like they're a cohesive unit that plays direct football, much like the First Division winning County team did.  

Again, that's one of the best traits of fans from our type of clubs, we're always pessimistic and expecting the worst which of course makes the good times that much better.

Nothing personal, but I hope you're right on this occasion and you have your "horrendous performance" against us, however I might just stick you on my coupon just to be on the safe side !!!

I’m hoping our 5-0 defeat against Queen of the South got it out our system but not many teams will be able to string 4 wins in a row together in this league so I’m very wary of this one. I’ve only seen Ross Countys highlights from the Dundee Utd game and the Partick game and they looked ok but you’ve got to consider both teams have sacked their manager since then.

A 5 point gap would be superb but I’d be more than delighted with a draw.

2 hours ago, yoda said:

Very impressed by what Ayr have managed to do so far this season - albeit, I've not actually seen any of their highlights or performances.

Treat yourself to 20 minutes on YouTube, seriously. You may switch teams.

19 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

Nice one. When was that?  Cup game? Think I was there.

Golly, our pitch was an embarrassment. The whole stadium is much nicer now, and more comfortable for Away fans.

Liam Tomsett’s strike in a 1-1 league match in Feb ‘12.  Paul Lawson had not long been subbed.  Gardyne was dropped entirely for signing a PCA with Dundee United.

http://rosscountytactics.com.gridhosted.co.uk/archives/1352

Shame there isn’t any footage kicking about anymore of Britain’a hat-trick @ Somerset.  SFLTV had it but that was punted when the leagues merged. 

15 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Liam Tomsett’s strike in a 1-1 league match in Feb ‘12.  Paul Lawson had not long been subbed.  Gardyne was dropped entirely for signing a PCA with Dundee United.

http://rosscountytactics.com.gridhosted.co.uk/archives/1352

Shame there isn’t any footage kicking about anymore of Britain’a hat-trick @ Somerset.  SFLTV had it but that was punted when the leagues merged. 

That was actually a cracking match under the lights that night and that 3rd goal was going in from the instant it left his boot, nobody at the halfway line was expecting anything other than that ball to hit the corner of the net.

That was a great game but I remember being absolutely gutted when that 3rd goal went in. We had an excellent second half coming from 2 goals down to level with the league leaders, capped off with a great strike from Keigan Parker, only for County to take the lead again 5 minutes later.

Some goal though.

My favourite Ayr - County memory is our keeper Barry John Corr getting subbed at half time of a league game where we trailed 4-0 (eventually lost 4-1), leaving the ground and pretty much literally never coming back to the club again.

Archived