Next Partick Thistle manager

Next Partick Thistle manager?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can see you guys appointing Laszlo on Wednesday so you can utilise his knowledge of the United squad for this weekend’s game.

Of course he’d be back in the ranks of the unemployed by 5.00 pm Saturday.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I can see you guys appointing Laszlo on Wednesday so you can utilise his knowledge of the United squad for this weekend’s game.

Of course he’d be back in the ranks of the unemployed by 5.00 pm Saturday.

According to most Dundee Utd fans Laszlo had absolutely no knowledge of the Dundee Utd squad this season.

3 hours ago, QOSQOS said:

Can’t help that noticing Gary Naysmith is never in the running for these.

Yes, it is a terrible mystery why the team in 8th are not bursting down the door of the manager of the team in sixth, a stratospheric one point above them.

Can’t help that noticing Gary Naysmith is never in the running for these.  We have a long list of managers who left us for ‘better’ clubs, and who generally fell flat. Gary hasn’t really proved himself at Palmerston, he seems to do OK so his job is secure, but never well enough to attract attention.  He’s not that popular with some of our support, I take a more nuanced view, he is competent if a bit safety first. Time well tell.
QOS - DOBBIE = FALKIRK

From those available, Neilson is by far and away my first choice. Whether we have the infrastructure to allow him to flourish is another question; any time I've heard him speak about his managerial career, he's always been a vocal advocate of a Director of Football structure. Pretty sure he felt that was a prime reason why he failed at MK Dons.

If McCall was offered the job, he'd bite our hand off. He's wily enough to know his stock is as high as it is likely to be. He'll have a supporter in Gerry Britton and unless I'm mistaken, there's nobody left on the board from his time with us. There's a number of reasons why he'd be a good appointment and he'd firmly be my second choice.

John Hughes has always spoken quite fondly of Thistle and he'll inevitably be angling for the job on Sportsound this week along with Kenny Miller. As others have said, ignoring his Raith disaster, his record stands up to most. But given the circumstances of said disaster, and his ill-relations with the board at ICT, I'd be surprised to see him in contention.

I'm not sure I could summon the motivation to watch a Jim McIntyre-managed Thistle. A very divisive character and doesn't strike me as a good fit for us. Hopefully he goes to United.

I'd like to see Danny Lennon back at the club one day but now maybe isn't the time. As highly as I and others will regard him, it would be tough to get excited about that appointment.

Duffy, McGhee - no fucking chance.

Given our abject recruitment on the pitch, and the laughable process that allegedly took place to appoint Britton as CEO when every man and their dog knew who was going to get it, I have absolutely no faith that we'll be actively pursuing any targets other than those submitting a slavering CV.

If there's been no contingency planning for this event - which has looked increasingly likely over a number of weeks - it would just be another example of the chronic indecision that has led us to where we are.

Ideally, you're looking for someone who knows both the club and the division you're competing in. 

Someone who can relate to players at this level, perhaps a current player looking to move into management and doesn't really see himself fit enough to play every game.

Someone who can read a game, used to sitting in front of a back 4.

Someone who likes to banter with the Thistle fans any time he returns with his latest team.

Someone with a distinctive physical presence, a guy you would notice. Maybe, for example, someone with a pronounced lower jaw...

Please take him.

If McCall was offered the job, he'd bite our hand off. He's wily enough to know his stock is as high as it is likely to be. He'll have a supporter in Gerry Britton and unless I'm mistaken, there's nobody left on the board from his time with us. There's a number of reasons why he'd be a good appointment and he'd firmly be my second choice.

I’d be extremely surprised if he even considered moving back to Partick Thistle.

His stock is high at the minute so the natural move is to a team doing better than ourselves or in a higher division, not that he’s actually interested in leaving should a bigger team come calling. Partick are a bigger club but squad wise there’s a rebuilding job to be done and I’d be surprised if McCall fancied keeping many of them around (Doolan, Erskine and Bannigan the exceptions).

He’d be a great appointment as he’s an excellent manager but he’s got far too many commitments to the Chairman and to the players to leave us. Plus he’s already shown his loyalty in telling Falkirk to beat it.

Partick are a bigger club but squad wise there’s a rebuilding job to be done and I’d be surprised if McCall fancied keeping many of them around (Doolan, Erskine and Bannigan the exceptions).

There's really not much rebuilding to be done. If the new manager can't make a decent fist of the playoffs with the squad we currently have then we'll have got the wrong man.