Next Partick Thistle manager

Next Partick Thistle manager?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Archibald has, for well over a year now, failed to meet his targets. In literally any line of work that would merit action, especially one as cut throat as football. There has been nothing to suggest he can salvage this, and the same failures on his part that have been prevalent through his tenure exist today.

Your “I’m a better fan than you” shtick is laughable as well. As far as I’m concerned, a proper Thistle supporter would place what’s best for the club above what’s best for a particular employee. You, clearly, don’t.

You wanted him sacked last season.

It's fans like you that are killing football. No wonder people stay away from the game. It's a sport for the spineless.

You wanted a guy sacked. You pile on the pressure and if it turns around, you shuffle off to the side and kid on it was someone else who was pointing fingers. It would have been"Well done Archie".

You either believe he's the right guy or you don't. At least have some conviction.

11 minutes ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

"Based on What?" Mutual respect that's what?

Why should I respect respect someone who wants a person sacked from their job less than a quarter into a season? Without having suggested a suitable replacement or even hinted who that might be?

It's simple. Archie should have been given until the end of the season or until he decided that he couldn't turn it around. You should have been proper Thistle supporters and backed him. If it didn't work out, at least you would feel like you gave him a chance. You are no different to the baying morons that litter Scottish football.

“Proper Thistle supporters”. Oh dear.

So how many games did you go to in last 18 months? How many have you seen this season?

1 minute ago, Reid said:

Some embarrassing posts from Red Monkey here.

My critics are now left scrabbling around. Their main arguments in tatters.

It's pretty simple. I'm a fan giving my opinion. My opinion is that you and your fellow critics should STFU and give the rest of us peace.

My critics are now left scrabbling around. Their main arguments in tatters.
It's pretty simple. I'm a fan giving my opinion. My opinion is that you and your fellow critics should STFU and give the rest of us peace.

We’re disagreeing with your opinions and you either don’t reply or reply with tear-stained statements like above saying that we aren’t proper Thistle fans.

1 minute ago, Reid said:

We’re disagreeing with your opinions and you either don’t reply or reply with tear-stained statements like above saying that we aren’t proper Thistle fans.

You are out of your depth.

Good attempt on your part though to make something of nothing. :whistle

44 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Partick Thistle thread for this pish.

You're ruining the fun for fans from other teams suggesting absolute jobbers to take over and watching the reactions.

The edge has been taken off things that there seems to be a fair chance Billy Todd's will be rocking up at Firhill...BILLY LIKES FITBAW!

:green

Absolutely gutted it's taken until now for this character to appear, match threads last season couldve been tremendous. 

Genuinely never thought I'd ever see someone wanting a club to suffer so they can help a manager, who's been in charge five years, "learn the ropes" either.

Scenes when you appoint Paul Hartley.

4 minutes ago, Reid said:

Thanks for proving my point.

As you can see from my posting history, i don't spend too much time here. I find it's largely a place for the moronic element of the Thistle support to hang out, with a dozen or so notable exceptions.

The last few weeks have been difficult for any supporter but I remain loyal to the guy who got us promoted, brought us a decent season after season and someone i believe in. He was the Thistle manager. As such, he was bound to make mistakes and do unfathomable stuff. Just like Lambie did before him. And Auld before him. And McParland before him. He and the players should have been given time to take responsibility for it and sort it out.

However, as fans, some people need to take a good look at themselves. It is an indisputable fact that a high percentage of Thistle fans have not a clue, sadly they are usually the drink fuelled clowns that shout loudest on a Saturday.

To those who wanted Archie sacked, give me the name of the replacement and guarantee he'll make progress, on and off the field and i'll sign up. I note that there seems to be a shortage of names being bandied about.

By my reckoning, we’ve only won 11 of our last 51 league games.

Fear of ending up in a fire is no reason for not getting out of a frying pan. Whatever the new manager brings, it will give a clearer picture of what is wrong at the club. 

Edited by Funky Nosejob

1 minute ago, Funky Nosejob said:

By my reckoning, we’ve only won 11 of our last 51 league games.

Fear of ending up in a fire is no reason for getting out of a frying pan. Whatever the new manager brings, it will give a clearer picture of what is wrong at the club. 

What?

5 hours ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

If the boo-boys had high aspirations for Thistle, i'd cut them slack.

1 hour ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

Regardless of which league we end up in next season, there's no one I'd rather have at Firhill than Archibald.

If we're in the Championship again next season so what?

I don't see how going down is a disaster. We are at best a yo-yo Premiership / Championship club.

Eh what?