Next Partick Thistle manager

Next Partick Thistle manager?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Nadroj said:

I just don't think that employing a guy who's best man management skill is shouting cliches about having bigger balls than your opponent etc is a great idea for a side that's currently underperforming.

It's not a great idea, it's a fucking brilliant one.
I hope the first thing he does is stick the head on Miles Storey.

I found it adorable that Keevins was trying to put pressure on him that he MUST win etc. Bitter that his pal Duffy got overlooked. 

Then you had Alex Rae sniping at Caldwell over winning the board over with his presentation “all the managers get taught presentation skills on courses now”. Perhaps Alex should then use one of these presentations to get a job? Clown

At the end of the day almost any manager in our reach would have been a pit of a punt. But as many have said, i'm happy it's not one from the Scottish managerial merry-go-round. Massive task for him to get this side into better shape and playing together, the defence is a shambles and we were lucky not to be about 5-1 down at FT on Saturday. He definitely deserves a bit of time and not expecting instant results after how bad Saturday was up until 70mins. 

The club seem to have stated he will have funds in January, I wonder if they held anything back from Archie in preparation for the events that transpired over the last couple of weeks. 

40 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

I found it adorable that Keevins was trying to put pressure on him that he MUST win etc. Bitter that his pal Duffy got overlooked. 

Then you had Alex Rae sniping at Caldwell over winning the board over with his presentation “all the managers get taught presentation skills on courses now”. Perhaps Alex should then use one of these presentations to get a job? Clown

Remember Rae as player/manager at Dundee picking up a second yellow for "presenting" two fingers at the JHS. I wonder if that is the kind of skills that he means?

He them sat down on the bench before the linesman, (after Jags fans pointed this out), had the ref remove him to the main stand.

Not the sharpest tool in the box.

22 hours ago, cilitbang said:

It's a widely held view in football circles that education is the enemy of grass roots football.  Hence any manager who is bright enough to be able to go through any academic qualifications is looked down upon by ex-pros like Rae, who can barely string a coherent sentence together without conflating "we are" and "our".    Then you've got red top columnists who get paid to defend their pals.  Happens down south, too.  Look at how Frank Lampard's appointment at Derby was regarded by morons like Jeff Stelling.