Next Partick Thistle manager

Next Partick Thistle manager?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Without the benefit of hindsight, Caldwells probably as good as we could expect.

He's young enough that people still remember him playing at the highest level, and has one relativley decent managerial spell at a far bigger club than us. The failure seems to be par for the course at Chesterfield.

He's not someone that I would ever think would become a great manager, but I'm just wanting someone who can be good at our level, which I think he could/should be.

Onwards and upwards.

Caldwell has a better record in England than Neilson, and we were all hoping he would come to us.

He hasn’t managed in Scotland which is refreshing, would much rather that than recruit the usual merry go round of usual suspect managers the Scottish media think should get the job.

41 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

He did. He also got relegated twice.

I think one of them, he took over with 5 games to go, not a great situation. He then brought them straight back up, and was the league's MOTY.

He left them in pretty much the same situation it think.

Chesterfield is a nonsense,  but He D didn't do well.

You can spin this in either way. However, I'm more than happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I was completely against Caldwell but looking a bit further into things I’d much prefer him to a few of the others who have been mentioned.

We are absolutely crying out for a manager that can organise our defence, in terms attacking players we have A very decent forward line. 

Archibald’s failures have lied in balancing our squad and having a lack of fight ! You don’t become a bad player over night. It’s unreal how shite Keown has become from a year ago.

Elliot’s pish sorry to the people who keep saying he’s a great servent to the club etc. He’s a fit lad who will always put 100% in but he’s bang average in football terms.

And yet again what will it take for someone to start Fitzpatrick! Do we see someone absolutely different from everyone else? He’s been our best player so far this season ? A talented lad who will take on the defender every time.

1 hour ago, Thistle4eva said:

And yet again what will it take for someone to start Fitzpatrick! Do we see someone absolutely different from everyone else? He’s been our best player so far this season ? A talented lad who will take on the defender every time.

Aidan Fitzpatrick has been in Spain all week playing for the Scotland under 18 side against Uzbekistan and France. He did not arrive back in Scotland until 1:15pm on Saturday afternoon. 

2 hours ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Aidan Fitzpatrick has been in Spain all week playing for the Scotland under 18 side against Uzbekistan and France. He did not arrive back in Scotland until 1:15pm on Saturday afternoon. 

Well he shouldn’t have been allowed to go then. 

3 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

This mentality right there is why Scotland won’t qualify for another international tournament in the next decade.

He’s one of our best players and you would rather he went to an under 18 tournament than play against older experienced players in our first team ? That’s a bit stupid  is it not ?

Edited by Thistle4eva

15 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

He’s one of our best players and you would rather he went to an under 18 tournament than play against older experienced players in our first team ? That’s a bit stupid  is it not ?

There were no other games in Scotland this weekend because of the international fixtures. We chose to rearrange our game.  We have only ourselves to blame. We shouldn’t stop a young player getting international caps.

8 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

There were no other games in Scotland this weekend because of the international fixtures. We chose to rearrange our game.  We have only ourselves to blame. We shouldn’t stop a young player getting international caps.

Fair enough I never knew that. But is it not better for a young players development playing against older experienced players to learn rather than picking up youth caps. I reckon being too worried about it playing young lads in first team games especially in a league he would stand out is more of a problem than going to international youth tournaments.

15 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Fair enough I never knew that. But is it not better for a young players development playing against older experienced players to learn rather than picking up youth caps. I reckon being too worried about it playing young lads in first team games especially in a league he would stand out is more of a problem than going to international youth tournaments.

Not sure what your last sentence means.

We don’t know whether Aiden’s call up was known about by the club before they rearranged the game. It was rearranged when Archibald was still in charge so Aidan wouldn’t have played anyway.