Next Partick Thistle manager

Next Partick Thistle manager?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Newmember said:

If you want a no nonsense manager 

John Hughes is your man Simple 

The stories that have come out from other Clubs about Hughes down through the years indicate that he should not be let near the Club. His idea of "high jinx" seem bizarre.

Jesus! Noooo!
I really don't know why we're getting all sniffy about the likes of Hughes and McIntyre. I don't have a problem with either.
Let's face it, we will either get someone new to management or someone with a chequered career. One of success and failure (the most recent appointment ending in failure otherwise they wouldn't be available). Hughes may be a big balloon but he must feel he has something to prove after the Raith fiasco. He's achieved before.
As for McIntyre's reputed negativity...no one will give a toss if the results good enough.
Duffy I won't dismiss either but I don't recall any point in his managerial career when he has produced a team which is better than the sum of it's parts but I may be wrong.
As for the squad not being good enough to achieve promotion, I see absolutely no reason why a decent manager can't keep us in contention until the January window.

Bit concerned at the prospect of Caldwell coming in and making the mistake of filling the squad up with shite Celtic loanees and assuming they'll be good enough for the 2nd tier

Not to say that Celtic don't have some good fringe players, just that we'd end up with something like Paul Slane Mk.II. Or, going a step further with our mince Celtic/Rangers loanee history, Stevie Lennon Mk.II

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Bit concerned at the prospect of Caldwell coming in and making the mistake of filling the squad up with shite Celtic loanees and assuming they'll be good enough for the 2nd tier

Not to say that Celtic don't have some good fringe players, just that we'd end up with something like Paul Slane Mk.II. Or, going a step further with our mince Celtic/Rangers loanee history, Stevie Lennon Mk.II

Thanks to this post I discovered that Steven Lennon played for Partick Thistle, and that he's scored more than a goal every other game for his current Icelandic team over the past four years. 

After seeing his interview on Jagzone, if we win tomorrow, I hope Scott Allison throws his hat into the ring. I know it won't happen but he has certainly lifted my spirits for tomorrow's game! Very impressed.

Edited by Sting777

3 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

After seeing his interview on Jagzone, if we win tomorrow, I hope Scott Allison throws his hat into the ring. I know it won't happen but he has certainly lifted my spirits for tomorrow's game! Very impressed.

He isn't stupid. He has a great gig at the Academy.