Next Partick Thistle manager

Next Partick Thistle manager?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

a dozen or so notable exceptions.

Cheers, at last I'm recognised.

14 hours ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

drink fuelled clowns

Aw, at last I'm recognised.

I've got this sort of Jim McIntyre inevitability feeling going on.  Must be the drink.  Or lack thereof.

Since the advent of online forums etc i have been bitterly critical of two managers. Gerry Collins and Dick Campbell. I am happy to stand by that criticism.

The era of DC is not a time i remember fondly. That in part, was the reason for my non attendance during that time. I wasn't the only one who was lost to the cause during that era. It's the only time in 38 years i have actively decided to saty away from Firhill.

I'm glad it was brought up though. It serves as a timely remember that things might be relatively poor over the last few games but they are nowhere near as bad as then. It also serves as a reminder that if you make the wrong decision as a club, you are in danger of disappearing into the wilderness for a decade. Think on.
You're in your late 30s? Wow....

13 hours ago, Newmember said:

I feel sorry for Steve Aitken at Dumbarton  he done a great job at the club over the 5 years at sons 

Five? He was appointed in May 2015 after Ian Murray left for St Mirren. We'd just finished 7th in the Championship - Aitken lead us to 8th, 8th and 9th - and we're currently 9th in League One.

Never mind the Thistle job being too big for him, he'd be a seriously strange appointment for a club with ambitions of promotion to the Premiership. 

44 minutes ago, TurbineTon said:

Jim Duffy the front-runner. Thoughts? 

Might get the best out of Jai. 

Since it would appear we are going through an interview process we'll probably see daily changes to the odds on McBookie. 

Duffy would apply I assume but I wouldn't want him as manager. Possibly as a DoF but there is nothing to suggest we are going down that route.

22 minutes ago, Firhill_Basin said:

Get Yogi so far to f**k. Relegated with Raith, 20 games without a win at Hartlepool. Even his team who won the cup, every single player who played that day bar one were signed by someone else.

If he was selected he would be working with players signed by other an other manager up until January. Not a bad attribute in our current predicament imo. 

Hartlepool and Raith efforts off putting but did okay in the league with ICT but as suggested went a bit awry when he brought in his own players...still got a decent number of wins in the league.

No doubt he'll apply for it. 

2 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Five? He was appointed in May 2015 after Ian Murray left for St Mirren. We'd just finished 7th in the Championship - Aitken lead us to 8th, 8th and 9th - and we're currently 9th in League One.

Never mind the Thistle job being too big for him, he'd be a seriously strange appointment for a club with ambitions of promotion to the Premiership. 

Correct but he should have moved when he had the chance 

1 minute ago, Newmember said:

Who would you chose as new Patrick manager 

I'm not sure I'm in a position to comment really, I'm a bit preoccupied with my own club's manager hunt. Jim McIntyre would probably be a solid, safe appointment though. Not exactly going to have the fans flocking back to Firhill, but he'd do a decent job imo.

3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Since it would appear we are going through an interview process we'll probably see daily changes to the odds on McBookie. 

Duffy would apply I assume but I wouldn't want him as manager. Possibly as a DoF but there is nothing to suggest we are going down that route.

How would react if caretaker manager Gerry got the job?

Big interview piece and his thoughts on BBC Scottish Football

website.