Next Partick Thistle manager

Next Partick Thistle manager?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

By my reckoning, we’ve only won 11 of our last 51 league games.

26 wins in your last 100 league games.

Deserves more time though, obviously.

Based on that you'd win 9 games this season. Only two teams managed less in the Championship last season.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

I am happy to debate with reasonable people. People who can at least post in reasonable English and can construct something worthwhile. I wont be indulgin in debate with clowns.

You think "ach well we belong in the Championship anyway" is a good example of having aspirations?

1 hour ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

"Based on What?" Mutual respect that's what?

Why should I respect respect someone who wants a person sacked from their job less than a quarter into a season? Without having suggested a suitable replacement or even hinted who that might be?

It's simple. Archie should have been given until the end of the season or until he decided that he couldn't turn it around. You should have been proper Thistle supporters and backed him. If it didn't work out, at least you would feel like you gave him a chance. You are no different to the baying morons that litter Scottish football.

As an outsider you might be willing to answer me some questions. 

Archibald finished 6th in the top flight with Thistle in 16/17. Great. An unquestionable achievement. 17/18 was complete arse where no form came from anywhere. Couldn't string results together at all. Ended up beaten in the playoffs by a Livingston team who probably still have a smaller budget than Thistle now, were out-worked, out-coached and out-played by them. There's been pretty much no change in form or performances since dropping down a  league and playing weaker teams. Why should Archibald have stayed?

As you can see from my posting history, i don't spend too much time here. I find it's largely a place for the moronic element of the Thistle support to hang out, with a dozen or so notable exceptions.

The last few weeks have been difficult for any supporter but I remain loyal to the guy who got us promoted, brought us a decent season after season and someone i believe in. He was the Thistle manager. As such, he was bound to make mistakes and do unfathomable stuff. Just like Lambie did before him. And Auld before him. And McParland before him. He and the players should have been given time to take responsibility for it and sort it out.

However, as fans, some people need to take a good look at themselves. It is an indisputable fact that a high percentage of Thistle fans have not a clue, sadly they are usually the drink fuelled clowns that shout loudest on a Saturday.

To those who wanted Archie sacked, give me the name of the replacement and guarantee he'll make progress, on and off the field and i'll sign up. I note that there seems to be a shortage of names being bandied about.

Archibald did bring us success but that doesn’t mean he’s unsackable. He was given time to turn it around and we got relegated. He was then given more time and it’s clear we weren’t going back up. We’d gone stale under him and have regressed massively which meant it was time for a change.

What makes you think that you have more of a clue than the majority of our fans or the board does?

I gave you names of my preferred replacement which you didn’t respond to. Can I guarentee that they’ll be an improvement? Obviously not. We could bring in Guardiola or Klopp and it wouldn’t guarantee it.

I once referred to Red Monkey as the Chic Charnley of the old PT.net Forum...capable of moments of brilliance but with a high chance of a vicious atrocity...he was always box-office but back then he was a rebel regularly berating the Board and  Management and also Thistle fans for accepting mediocrity.  He in now like  Chic Charnley in his fourth spell at Firhill - he shouldn't have come back.

I thought Archie merited to the end of last season and it was to the credit of the Club and Supporters that he was then given a reprieve. In hindsight, it would have been better if he had left then - our first choice defence this season includes Elliot, Keown and McGinty none of whom look to be good enough to be in a promoted team...and we have no other options.

Imo it was the correct time for Archie to move on . I know its hard to bin someone who has a great connection to the club 

Who next I don't have the answers 

Duffy not sure 

Hartley no no 

Lennon possible 

McIntyre yes 

Elvis possible 

Mccoist possible 

Stubbs no no. 

I feel sorry for Steve Aitken at Dumbarton  he done a great job at the club over the 5 years at sons 

But to big a gig for him at thistle 

My gut feeling Jim Duffy would be a safe bet but am not sure 

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

This guy is an absolute crackpot but It's certainly made this thread a can't miss.

Did he actually say Archibald should have been given until the end of *next* season to sort things out?

Yes, yes he did.

14 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Yes, yes he did.

He obviously fancied your chances in the playoff with BSC Glasgow next season, maybe he just likes the punishment.

3 hours ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

If we're in the Championship again next season so what?

No harm to you, Partick are a team I've a lot of time for.

The Championship is the highest league you're going to be in next season and that is far from certain at the moment, as sad as it is to see a legend leave, when their time is up it's up, I loved Ally McLeod to bits but when he left Ayr for the last time there were no tears of regret just gratitude.

Time to stop the meltdown and making your club look like a basket case, he's away, deal with it without making a c**t of yourself and your team.

Edited by ayrmad

I'll admit i liked Archie he got a lot of things wrong last season but i had hoped he would have done the decent thing and stepped down at the end of the season but the board decided to keep him and he said all the right things but i wasn't totally convinced but willing to give him a chance but it became apparent he couldn't change our fortunes and not for the first time i might add. I personally won't forget the good times as a player, manager and commitment he gave but his time had to come to an end and rightly so and probably longer than he deserved.
Lets no forget players, managers, coaches and board members all come and go but us as fans support our club for the top that goes out on the park on a saturday or because we are non bigoted in a bigot filled city or for whatever reason we choose but lets get behind the club in what i would call a very critical time for all concerned with the club.