Next Partick Thistle manager

Next Partick Thistle manager?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 minutes ago, Midlife Crisis said:

Ah, Red Monkey. One of the last remaining Archibald fanboys too blind to see what was happening, and presumably with his poster still attached to his bedroom ceiling.

Talks about performances being more important than results. Okay - other than QOS, which performance was good? East Fife? Dunfermline? Ayr? Was Saturday a sign that performances were getting  better? Did the manager try changing things to influence the outcome of the game?

It was the right decision to sack the management team. 100%. Suck it up and get right behind the new manager and his team.

If the boo-boys had high aspirations for Thistle, i'd cut them slack. They don't. They are corrosive. They eat away at a players confidence. When Thistle are struggling, Firhill is a particularly horrible place to watch football.

I use struggling as a relative term, most of us have witnessed much much worse. In fact, there's a large number who have witnessed nothing better.

Maybe i'm getting old but i've seen this movie before. One way or another Archie will get another gig and be a huge success again. We'll be left reminiscing about those days as we watch Thistle being beaten soundly by a team with a couple of hundred fans. The SPFL days will seem like an unattainable far off land.

"Fellow fans" should have been careful, very careful, about what they wished for imo.

I really hope Archie is back in work soon and is successful with his next club(s) - he seems a great guy and I wish him all the best. But there is nothing to suggest he was ever going to make things click at Firhill again - it’s been two years of consistent underperformance across three separate squads. He’s the only common factor.

The SPFL days will seem like an unattainable far off land.
"Fellow fans" should have been careful, very careful, about what they wished for imo.

We’re already playing in the SPFL, unless of course you’re seriously suggesting we’re headed for the Lowland League?

7 minutes ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

If the boo-boys had high aspirations for Thistle, i'd cut them slack. They don't. They are corrosive. They eat away at a players confidence. When Thistle are struggling, Firhill is a particularly horrible place to watch football.

I use struggling as a relative term, most of us have witnessed much much worse. In fact, there's a large number who have witnessed nothing better.

Maybe i'm getting old but i've seen this movie before. One way or another Archie will get another gig and be a huge success again. We'll be left reminiscing about those days as we watch Thistle being beaten soundly by a team with a couple of hundred fans. The SPFL days will seem like an unattainable far off land.

Yes, that's possible and I hope he does. I believe that his reign at Thistle had hit the buffers and a change was needed. More importantly, so do the Board.

22 minutes ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

The SPFL days, eh? So, without AA you expect us to drop completely out of the league and be in the fifth tier soon?  We certainly had a strong chance of sinking straight to the third tier if we had kept him on- and avoiding that is still the main priority.

Archibald did well to keep us in the Premiership for several years, but he ran out of ideas a long time ago, and last season was a shambles. We played the whole year with no dig in midfield, and he did nothing to fix it until he brought Martin Woods (!) in, with us already deep in trouble.  He signed and played Danny Devine all year. He persisted with Barton. We were rubbish.  Then, he gets more time than almost any other club would have allowed, and the nod to "rrebuild" the squad to take us back up.  We start the season four short of a full bench, and with no proper right back (we still hae no proper right back). The best players at the club pre-date his reign.  The football is almost offensively bad, week in week out, and that is not the fault of the fans.

You are in a very small minority if you truly believe that Alan Archibald was badly treated.  Following our relegation we have lost 5 games out of the first 8 in the second tier this season and been knocked out the diddy cup by East Fife. Wake Up!!

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

McIntyre did very well for us and I'd happily have him back when next we have a vacancy. I'm surprised he's not got back in somewhere yet. Don't know if he's maybe still being paid by you and that's a factor? How long was he under contract for when he was sacked?

He signed in September ‘15 on a yearly rolling contract, so I guess that he was probably being paid up until quite recently.

1 hour ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

We were beaten by East Fife recently they have a couple have a couple hundred fans 

1 hour ago, Arnold Layne said:

Yes, that's possible and I hope he does. I believe that his reign at Thistle had hit the buffers and a change was needed. More importantly, so do the Board.

I could make a reasonably well articulated case for keeping Archie as manager but it's pointless when guys like yourself clearly don't rate him.

As for respecting other posters opinions, there are a lot on here i do respect sadly there are morons who post here. Just like there are morons who attend Firhill and pollute it with their ramblings.

There was one guy last week who shouted that Archie could "**** off any time". This was before half time. This same guy was ranting at John Lambie at Alloa the season he brought in the junior guys. Wanted him sacked.

There were 5 morons who abused Elliot on Saturday, accusing him of all sorts. They didn't even hang around to watch the full game.

People are absolutely entitled to their opinion. I respect that. I don't need to respect the content when it's utter drivel, just because we happen to support the same football team.