Next Partick Thistle manager

Next Partick Thistle manager?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Brutal that there are still fuds who think Archie needed more time.
He was give a year longer than he deserved. 

So when we lose, you lot get to ridicule the manager, call his abilities into question, start a asking when he should be sacked in the lead up games v our nearest rivals?

5 years you've been spouting this sort of pish folks. What's laughable is half of you don't even attend games. You sit on here criticising team selection and tactics.

You've been bang out of order and now is the time to shut it for a few weeks.

Purely in my opinion of course. Which as we know, is as perfectly valid as yours.

What a classy family this Thistle family is eh?

Edited by moncaidh ruadh

1 minute ago, Firhill_Basin said:

You hunted Dick Campbell from the day he got the job so you've no right to sit and plead patience with another manager who struggled who over a prolonged period of time.

If you've been supporting Thistle for all of those years, you'll be struggling to think of a time when a managerial change worked out for the best.

Auld to Cormack wilderness for a decade

Lambie to Murdo Division two football escaping division three by a baw hair.

Lambie to Collins to Whyte/Britton led to the worst football at Firhill and a period which is blamed for driving away so many regular fans. So i'd be very very careful what you wish for because we are in real danger of crippling the club for a decade.

This is also bigger than just Thistle. There's a whole new dynamic opened up in the league now. Dundee Utd have a new manager. Who says it will work out? If Ross County start looking for a new manager. Who says that will work out?

It was a time for cool heads. Not arbitrary decisions about how many games Archie had left. Personally i think it's more about the level of performance than the result, although clearly i want to win as much as anyone else

Is that accurate enough? Or should i add in any other names? Ian McCall perhaps.

7 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Apt that Colin is as bad a troll as Archie was a manager.

Fed up listening to unnecesarily negative and divisive pish, so i don't care about the sensitivities of the few on here who deserve it and deserve it tight.

There's a group of Thistle fans who need to take a look at themselves. "Thanks Archie" "Sad Day"? What an absolute nerve some of you lot have.

As for "troll"? There's been a barrowload of trolling directed at the manager for weeks, but that was an opinion? Free speech? Entitled?

What's good for the goose and all that, so suck it up. #inarchiewetrust

I still think we should try something different. I mentioned Paul Ince earlier and expected some feedback. Alternatively we could try something like Barry Robson with a Peter Houston type as his assistant.

Hold me back. 🤦‍♂️ disaster written all over it.

8 hours ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

You didn't . A few did. Sure you have a right to an opinion. Like i do. My opinion is that when the team and manager needed the fans most, a number on here were found wanting. The took no noice of track record, ignored performances, and took the short term route. A route that has been disaster in the past.

It's the same people as last season . And the season before that too.

Is it not possible that if the club had listened to those people last season you'd have avoided relegation?

Maybe we should have stuck with Tommy Bryce ?  Or Sandy Clark, or Derek Johnstone ? Dick Campbell ?
Lambie left of his own choice with the lure of money to spend, only for that to go wrong for him.
McNamara put together the team that got us up in the first place, despite that he has become a hated figure because he went to the poisoned chalice that is Dundee United with the promise of money to spend as well as a cut on transfer fees from players the sold.
Archie did well for a while, then ran out of ideas and signed duds, it needed changed and hopefully it’s not too late for this season.

I think there is a bit of history rewriting going on here. I don’t recall anybody having a go at McNamarra going to Dundee Utd. It was his greed to get a share of the winnings later that turned the fans against him.
Don’t you think McNamarra ran out of ideas too at Utd and not really having any at York City ?

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

McIntyre ? Are you taking the Michael ?

If you are after a negative defensive side then he is your man. He will drive more fans away.

McIntyre's not a defensive manager.  I'll say that one thing in his favour.  Two wingers every time.  Billy Dodds will improve your strikers' play, but the defensive side of things will not improve much.  It's his inability to address the defensive weaknesses that gets him punted after three years in a job.

10 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

What's with the sudden influx of thicko new members?

It feels like it's just one mental thicko arguing with himself to me.  But yeah, what gives?

8 hours ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

Fed up listening to unnecesarily negative and divisive pish, so i don't care about the sensitivities of the few on here who deserve it and deserve it tight.

There's a group of Thistle fans who need to take a look at themselves. "Thanks Archie" "Sad Day"? What an absolute nerve some of you lot have.

As for "troll"? There's been a barrowload of trolling directed at the manager for weeks, but that was an opinion? Free speech? Entitled?

What's good for the goose and all that, so suck it up. #inarchiewetrust

With this suck it up and get it up ye patter you really think you're somehow getting one over everyone by registering here to show us all that you're having a complete and utter meltdown don't you?

Everyone is just laughing at you, like they always have done. We got our way eventually, Archie is gone and you are having a tantrum over it. Life is pretty good.

I’m sad that Archie has gone but it was overdue - still a club legend but it was clear things had gone wrong and he was proving unable to turn it around. We’ve had the same weaknesses for almost two years now across three separate squads. That said, not many managers last as long as 6 years in the first place so in all he did pretty well.

How anyone can say he should have been given even MORE time is baffling. There is zero evidence that anything would have changed.

20 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Billy Davies anyone?......thought not!!! Paul Lambert?

https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/partick-thistle

What a dreadful website. They should really update their facts....

Thistle are now enjoying their first season back in the SPL for a decade”

Barry Smith is also no longer Raith Rovers manager.