Next Partick Thistle manager

Next Partick Thistle manager?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We're looking for someone external as our manager for the first time since 2007, which is quite exciting but equally terrifying. I have no idea who I want.

I'd probably welcome Ian McCall's return but don't think he'd leave Ayr United. Billy McKinlay and Scot Gemmill seem to be highly thought of coaches. Of the usual out-of-work names that always come up (McGhee, Duffy, Hughes etc.) I think I'd be fine to see Paul Hartley or Peter Houston get the gig. 

Also, I don't want him, but I've always had a feeling Steven Pressley would be our next manager.

He's not out of work and may not even be interested but isn't Gary Naismith a good fit? Done well with East Fife and QOTS. No failures on his record. Still young and played at a high level. Just seems to go about his business in a quiet and dignified manner. May well be looking for a new challenge.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Also, I don't want him, but I've always had a feeling Steven Pressley would be our next manager.

This. Have thought this for a while, particularly as there was a phase while he was out of work that he was recommending players to us. 

Would probably rather him than Duffy/Hughes, but still would rather not.

30 minutes ago, NotAFan said:

He's not out of work and may not even be interested but isn't Gary Naismith a good fit? Done well with East Fife and QOTS. No failures on his record. Still young and played at a high level. Just seems to go about his business in a quiet and dignified manner. May well be looking for a new challenge.

I'd rather offer Dobbie the player/ manager role, tbh...

That list is fucking shocking, I'd have McCall and that's about it. If all we've got are a list of failed managers I'd rather give it to someone at the end of their playing career and looking to move to coaching full time. 

I think every manager has failed somewhere, except 1st timers. It doesn’t mean they can’t succeed somewhere else.

11 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

The McBookie market for next manager is no longer available.

Unsure if this is significant or not?

McIntyre had just moved to evens favourite...

16 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

The McBookie market for next manager is no longer available.

Unsure if this is significant or not?

McBookie is a highly unreliable gauge, more so than other bookies. The next Thistle (or any Scottish club outside the OF, for that matter) manager is such a small market that anyone sticking money on has the propensity to affect the odds disproportionately. 

I suspect the market will reopen again before long.