Next Partick Thistle manager

Next Partick Thistle manager?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why?   He talks well as a pundit?

I think he does but he’s also highly regarded at Motherwell at youth level.

Obviously no real experience except as interim at Motherwell but these guys need to start somewhere. Maybe Partick isn’t the right place to begin though.

This is a bit of a left field shout but I’ve always wondered why John Collins isn’t touted for any jobs anymore. Players revolt aside (I know) he did a good job with Hibs in the short term.

Not saying he’s right for Partick but I would be quite interested to see how he would get on managing another club here.

Worth noting that I am aware he’s been out of management for almost 10 years now.

This is a bit of a left field shout but I’ve always wondered why John Collins isn’t touted for any jobs anymore. Players revolt aside (I know) he did a good job with Hibs in the short term.

Not saying he’s right for Partick but I would be quite interested to see how he would get on managing another club here.

Worth noting that I am aware he’s been out of management for almost 10 years now.

He’s up there as one of the biggest weapons in football. No chance he’ll get another job in Scotland.

7 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I don’t think our squad of permacrocks would take kindly to being challenged to a press-ups contest.

Latest odds courtesy of @McBookie
Jim Duffy 4/1
Ian McCall 4/1
Robbie Nielson 5/1  :lol:
John Hughes 5/1
Jim McIntyre 10/1
Steven Pressley 10/1
Gary Caldwell 12/1
Danny Lennon 12/1

Basically anybody want a job? I'd probably look at Gary Caldwell out of that bunch.

Lets just hope that we get at least a couple of descent expressions of interest before Friday, as the majority of names listed above give me the shivers.

The media obsession with "knows the Scottish game" generally equates to failed at numerous Clubs and nowhere else in the Universe would ever employ them again!

17 hours ago, Walter said:
21 hours ago, QOSQOS said:
Can’t help that noticing Gary Naysmith is never in the running for these.  We have a long list of managers who left us for ‘better’ clubs, and who generally fell flat. Gary hasn’t really proved himself at Palmerston, he seems to do OK so his job is secure, but never well enough to attract attention.  He’s not that popular with some of our support, I take a more nuanced view, he is competent if a bit safety first. Time well tell.

QOS - DOBBIE = FALKIRK

Too far!  We've got a few other players who actually know the basics of football.

1 minute ago, Hammer Jag said:

It’s going to be Duffy, isn’t it?

He can f**k off as far as I'm concerned...then again so can most of the names lazily linked so far...

Now that Neilson is off the table, McCall must be the clear favourite. 

A (very) left field shout could be Gregg Ryder.  Career coach, he seemed to be quite heavily linked with Livi and was shortlisted for the Morton job. Probably not my cup of tea but infinitely better than the thought of Duffy or McIntyre.

That list is fucking shocking, I'd have McCall and that's about it. If all we've got are a list of failed managers I'd rather give it to someone at the end of their playing career and looking to move to coaching full time. 

Edited by thistledo

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Craigen ??? I remember talking to him at an open day at Firhill where he said he really wanted to stay with Thistle, then the next thing, goes to a club who were supposed to be in financial turmoil. He is in the same bracket a s Judas McNamara in my opinion.

We cannot really afford to risk an untried novice in our current position, we have done so in the past, Sandy Clark, Derek Johnstone, Murder McLeod, Tom and Gerry to name but a few. 

He has a lucrative job as a pundit, and is there to balance out Suttons Celtic bias and appease the Gers fans, so hopefully that keeps him away.

Yes, it was ludicrous that he went to a club that had sacked players under contract and were all over the place financially but they more than doubled the wage he was getting at Firhill. Would you knock back a 60% wage increase for doing the exact same job??

Yes, it was ludicrous that he went to a club that had sacked players under contract and were all over the place financially but they more than doubled the wage he was getting at Firhill. Would you knock back a 60% wage increase for doing the exact same job??

I think you might want to check your figures.

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No more novices please, see my previous post.

I think you missed my point tbh. Anyway the last two "novices" we hired seemed to do just fine, so I'd rather that than have to pay out the rest of someone like Yogi's contract after the inevitable collapse...