Next Partick Thistle manager

Next Partick Thistle manager?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The axe has fallen on Alan Archibald. A decision that had to be made. A bigger decision awaits over the coming days...

Edited by jagfox99

McCall said for all he wanted to come back to Thistle at some point in the future it wouldn't be as a replacement for Archie if we sacked him. That was before Ayr's great start and our shite one to add to the mix so we can rule him out for now.

Both McNamara and Neilson were at Firhill today, read absolutely nothing into that.

McCall's got a good number at Ayr, be daft to leave just now. Quite like Danny Lennon, but also feel he kinda has to reinvent himself at Clyde after leaving St. Mirren with a whimper and a shitty spell at Alloa. 

Not sure about Duffy. If it were January I could maybe stomach him for 6 months to steady things. Get Hughes to f**k in every regard.

No strong feeling either way on McIntyre and Neilson. I think both are of about the same calibre as Archie.

f**k knows. Would like to see something outside of the box. 

5 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it won't be McCall for reasons as stated in t'other thread.

Hopefully it's some Brazlian random, If it's Yogi Hughes I'm away to support the Buffalo Bills full time.

My understanding had always been it was a gambling debt paid off by several notable senior folk rather than actual betting on Thistle games. Surprised that Ayr took a punt on him if it were that.

10 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

The job was too big for McCall back when. He was rightly let go.
Going back would just be a return to mediocrity.

Steven Craigen would be a shout.

If he wanted the job, Craggs would be my shout. He would get that defence sorted, has done a great job with Motherwells reserve side, however whether he could be tempted from his BT pundit role is open to question