Nostalgia

What things have made you nostalgic lately?

A wee preamble, 

I was just sitting in the kitchen doing some work related stuff and this David Bowie performance was on the tele in the other room. This always reminds me of the times when I used to stay at my late father's house, and he was a big music lover and when he would put on old Top of the Pops videos that this was a standout. 

So what about yourselves? 

Was clearing out the garage last weekend and unearthed 3 of the stand seats from Brockville that I bought in the auction they had. Took me right back to the early to mid nineties and how great watching the Falkirk teams of that era was (despite buying the seats I never actually sat in the stand). Brockville was a dump in facilities standards by that time but it was magnificent place to watch football. The new stadium never got near to it for me.

Football shows are so slick and full of folk in shumpers. Not a patch on old Saint & Greavsie on a Saturday lunchtime. Here they are trying out a Dunfermline inflatable black pudding, after a poem by Jim Leishman. No, I wasn’t eating cheese before bed.

08E7E473-FD43-4AD5-8FC2-00210F586AD6.jpeg

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Football shows are so slick and full of folk in shumpers. Not a patch on old Saint & Greavsie on a Saturday lunchtime. Here they are trying out a Dunfermline inflatable black pudding, after a poem by Jim Leishman. No, I wasn’t eating cheese before bed.

08E7E473-FD43-4AD5-8FC2-00210F586AD6.jpeg

I do recall Leishman appeared on S&G just after he was appointed manager of Montrose. He presented Greavsie with a pair of Montrose Fc branded ladies knickers...

25 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I remember S&G laughing at Leish then we beat rangers in the cup.

Show makes me nostalgic and I remember it being on tv in the pub before I went to away games as a nipper. 

"You kill me Greavsie". 

Did he?

Career obviously.

I found a podcast called OSW Review where some funny Irish guys talk about WWF events I had on video when I was about 5. They have more recent stuff but I generally haven’t seen what they’re talking about and it’s just not the same as seeing people tear apart stuff you held dear at that age.

Archived