Most common phrases on pie and Bovril

Ylf

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I first heard of this site years ago from some friends and when I got home from school that day I had a browse to see what it was all about. 

The first page of the first thread I opened contained someone's description of their match day experience and how a 'globule of spittle arced over the terrace'. 

The common phrases are mostly shite, but it's the more flamboyant ones that keep me hooked. 

30 minutes ago, The OP said:

Any P&Bers ever used an amusing phrase from here in general conversation?

I train with a group of mainly teenagers, with a few in their 20s. This Tuesday I caught up with a couple of them for a long-deferred couple of pints. Both are lassies in their 20s, and they share a common enemy (another lassie in her 20s, for all I know that's not uncommon). After one of them had taken her turn at ranting about some particularly infuriating behaviour by Girl 3, I merrily launched into "Nothing a swift kick..", just caught it in time, and finished "... in the arse wouldn't sort!"

I could just about have explained myself, I think, but I was glad I saved it.

3 minutes ago, sugna said:

I train with a group of mainly teenagers, with a few in their 20s. This Tuesday I caught up with a couple of them for a long-deferred couple of pints. Both are lassies in their 20s, and they share a common enemy (another lassie in her 20s, for all I know that's not uncommon). After one of them had taken her turn at ranting about some particularly infuriating behaviour by Girl 3, I merrily launched into "Nothing a swift kick..", just caught it in time, and finished "... in the arse wouldn't sort!"

I could just about have explained myself, I think, but I was glad I saved it.

I was parodying the thread openers where people say “any p&bers ever...” but good story nonetheless. 

Joking aside, I have used the 3 arrows, for example “^^^ not enjoying the journey” on whatsapp quite a lot.

Archived