Morton v Falkirk - 20/10/18

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/10/2018 at 09:31, Stuperman01 said:

Not really just Morton fans trying to make a relevant rivalry, no thanks though we will stick to our 6 fingered friends across the water for that. 

I've no interest in making a rivalry with Falkirk.  It's all about McKinnon.

McKinnon being there doesn't make much of a difference to me tbh. We need to be winning because Falkirk have been shite this season and anything less than three points has to be considered a disappointment. Everything else is irrelevant.

23 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

By who? The SFA? The SPFL? Interpol? Mulder and Scully? Holmes and Watson? You are not yet operating on Branch Ton’s level of self delusional fantasy, but you are getting there with nonsense like that.

Given the timescale of the events. only an idiot would think there wasn't contact between your club and McKinnon before Falkirk spoke to Morton. Equally, only an idiot would think it easy to prove that it happened.

Falkirk may eventually get away without paying compensation, largely dependent on Morton's contract with McKinnon, but as ever the moral high ground is something they can only look up at.

Snakes on a (downward) plane.......

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Also VT, I'm very glad you've decided to stop posting pictures of crying children.

Did you delete those from your hard drive or do the officers still have a hold of it?

They're probably still trying to ferret them all out from in between the "Peppa Pig" and "In The Night Garden" episodes.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Why dont you stop name dropping someone you have googled from the SFA and show all this ITK info you have?

While Branch Ton and any other fan claiming we're definitely getting compensation is at it with an ITK act when they really know nothing, you can say the exact same thing for Duncan Freemason and any other fan claiming with certainty that we're due nothing.

Either Morton have fucked up by giving McKinnon and Taylor contracts that allowed them to leave for nothing or Falkirk have fucked up in believing they can get them for nothing; Morton have publicly stated that they believe compensation is due and are taking steps to get it, Falkirk have publicly stated that they believe they've done nothing wrong. No one on this forum saw McKinnon's contract with Morton so no one on this forum has the slightest clue which club has fucked up.

I certainly don't have 100% confidence in Morton to avoid incompetence and the Falkirk board hardly seem to be renowned for their competence among your support either, so how anyone could be certain they're in the right in this case is beyond me.

If the clubs have been seeking legal advice and/or a complaint has been made to the SPFL then it obviously wouldn't be resolved this quickly, and if that is the case then even with one club being incompetent enough to get it wrong in the first place neither are going to be stupid enough to provide a running commentary of what stage that's at.

No ordinary fan knows what's going on and the only thing to do is wait and see. Anyone who says they know for sure what either club is doing or not doing about it if they haven't had it straight from a director is deluding themselves. That applies as much to Duncan Freemason deciding that Morton are obviously staying quiet in the hope fans forget all about the issue they previously made a massive public fuss over because they aren't putting out daily statements on the matter as it does to whatever Branch Ton's wittering about at any given time.

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

While Branch Ton and any other fan claiming we're definitely getting compensation is at it with an ITK act when they really know nothing, you can say the exact same thing for Duncan Freemason and any other fan claiming with certainty that we're due nothing.

Either Morton have fucked up by giving McKinnon and Taylor contracts that allowed them to leave for nothing or Falkirk have fucked up in believing they can get them for nothing; Morton have publicly stated that they believe compensation is due and are taking steps to get it, Falkirk have publicly stated that they believe they've done nothing wrong. No one on this forum saw McKinnon's contract with Morton so no one on this forum has the slightest clue which club has fucked up.

I certainly don't have 100% confidence in Morton to avoid incompetence and the Falkirk board hardly seem to be renowned for their competence among your support either, so how anyone could be certain they're in the right in this case is beyond me.

If the clubs have been seeking legal advice and/or a complaint has been made to the SPFL then it obviously wouldn't be resolved this quickly, and if that is the case then even with one club being incompetent enough to get it wrong in the first place neither are going to be stupid enough to provide a running commentary of what stage that's at.

No ordinary fan knows what's going on and the only thing to do is wait and see. Anyone who says they know for sure what either club is doing or not doing about it if they haven't had it straight from a director is deluding themselves. That applies as much to Duncan Freemason deciding that Morton are obviously staying quiet in the hope fans forget all about the issue they previously made a massive public fuss over because they aren't putting out daily statements on the matter as it does to whatever Branch Ton's wittering about at any given time.

Why do fans and shareholders  need to wait to be told. Falkirk run a website Q&A and the SFA’s  Compliance Officers are obliged to respond to complaints and comply with public information requests. Just ask of complain to the SFA.

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

Complete and utter shite.

just mention Judicial Review by the Court of Session on the basis that any  failure to respond on their part is to be construed as a constructive refusal to investigate spontaneously. 

Whilst i hope it's proven that they did indeed tap the king snake and co, i can't help but think they're actually suited to each other. A horrible c**t matched to a horrible, greetin faced bin of a club. 

Morton will no doubt Morton on Saturday, though, and the joke will be right back on us. 

10 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Given the timescale of the events. only an idiot would think there wasn't contact between your club and McKinnon before Falkirk spoke to Morton. Equally, only an idiot would think it easy to prove that it happened.

Falkirk may eventually get away without paying compensation, largely dependent on Morton's contract with McKinnon, but as ever the moral high ground is something they can only look up at.

Snakes on a (downward) plane.......

.....and only an idiot would actually indulge in yet another episode of flailing daffodils with a stick, while all the while allowing the “Falkirk were probably right enough because McKinnon’s contract was probably crap” concept to finally hit home.

Then of course, the cherry on the cake offered up in the form that someone abiding by the terms of their contract is somehow morally questionable. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

I must remember that the next time my flight is delayed 10 hours, and I concede the moral high ground by seeking to apply the terms of the contract said airline insisted I sign up to.

30 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

just mention Judicial Review by the Court of Session on the basis that any  failure to respond on their part is to be construed as a constructive refusal to investigate spontaneously. 

Oh this just gets better and better. Too many episodes of Law and Order mate. Way too many.

2 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Morton fans calling any other club outside of the self entitled OF greetin faced has to be one of the biggest whooshes on this website. 

I'll quote part of a post by Dunning from elsewhere:

"They believe the world should bend over backwards for them and whenever they're treated fairly they claim they're being bullied; then even when they do get that special treatment they still find an excuse to make themselves out to be the victims. It's that attitude that leads to the ridiculous level of myopia needed to claim that their local council hate Falkirk and are out to get them when that council put up millions of pounds of public money to contribute more than half the cost of building a stadium, despite Falkirk also having made a fortune from the sale of Brockville, because the council now have the gall to charge them rent rather than just writing off £3M+. They continue claiming persecution from the council even though they've since put more public money into building a car park and now training pitches as well......"

No "woosh" here I'm afraid. Your club and fans are the very definition of 'greetin faced'. 

Next. 

Archived