Morton v Falkirk - 20/10/18

We're going to reach 25 pages on here before kick off aren't we :lol: 

I know Falkirk fans will say their team is piss poor etc, but we haven't won since McKinnon left. Johansson needs 3 points tomorrow or I think a few in the support will turn,

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I've posted this before on here but last year when we played Buckie Thistle in the Irn Bru Cup the police had vans (plural) patrolling the high street and the street leading to the ground. They also had police visiting the pubs on multiple occasions. They instructed Buckie to have their stewards give every single visiting fan a scan with a hand held scanner. They instructed Buckie to close the pub at the ground before kick off and not open it again until after full time.

The attendance was just over 600.

Apparently this was all because of the Scottish cup game the season before. There was zero trouble at that game but one fan set off a single flare. The attendance was circa 1500. The pub at the ground was open before the game and at half time (I actually missed 2 goals because I was having a quick pint and lost track of time) and fans of both teams were mingling freely in said pub. 

Apparently Scottish police told the local police in Borehamwood to expect trouble from us as well. Once again there was zero trouble 

Ooft, I think we better organise an alternative route and travel stewards for a trip into darkest Dunfermline tomorrow. It sounds like there is a real threat to life.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

In all seriousness, not sure about the "guaranteed nothing will happen" mindset. I would have agreed, had the flames not been fanned by both the Telegraph and the Police.

Now, wee fannies who otherwise would be nowhere near the game will see that publicity and head along for a look. Nothing can ensure that something like this transpires better than publicly shouting that something might transpire.

If there is any trouble, it is likely to be caused by people who dont usually go to Morton games.

Even you guys are admitting upstream that Campbell is the real culprit here: diddy of absolutely monstrous proportions...

If anything does happen -- which I doubt -- that p***k will be the real cause.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

We've got a cardboard tank in storage somewhere we could lend to Falkirk to repel the threat of the JudaSS red cards. 

Easy now; let's lease it to the highest bidder.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ooft, I think we better organise an alternative route and travel stewards for a trip into darkest Dunfermline tomorrow. It sounds like there is a real threat to life.

It would certainly be a sound move. Best put in a call to Police Scotland as well, although I gather that their resources will be stretched due to an event taking place at the same further West..

A brief summary of the thread thus far for those who can't be arsed reading through the last 20 odd pages;

"Seething!"

"No, YOU'RE seething!"

"Good one, it's you that's seething!"

"Ha, clearly it's YOU that's seething!"

"Only someone who was absolutely seething would say that"!

"Glad to see that you aren't absolutely seething!"

A brief summary of the thread thus far for those who can't be arsed reading through the last 20 odd pages;
"Seething!"
"No, YOU'RE seething!"
^^^ seething

"Seething!"
"No, YOU'RE seething!"
Why are you in here so often trying to take this away from us??

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

"Seething!"

"No, YOU'RE seething!"

Shut it. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
"Seething!"
"No, YOU'RE seething!"

Why are you in here so often trying to take this away from us??

I'm just dropping the odd comment to try and further inflame the situation, but trying to do it in a subtle way.

Anyway, enough speculation about the prospect of fan-on-fan action (oo-er missus) or McKinnon getting leathered (OO-ERRRR), to the game (sort of)...

I can happily say that if we lose to this mutant rabble, I will burn down the main stand, raise the standard in the QB, march through the Gibby and the Port gathering an army of the disaffected, take on paid mercenaries in Paisley (war is war, brothers), make a detour around the West End of Glasgow (everybody knows Partick fans are shitebags and would dilute the fighting spirit of the army), before making a final push to Grangemouth, where thon Lord of the Rings battle scene will be re-enacted, the Ton forces storming in from the open side of the 'stadium' (I always felt that would come in useful at some point).

The dug-out will be as undefended as the Winter Palace, McKinnon cowering and waiting for his fate. He looks up and sees that everyone has deserted him... only Joe McKee stands between him and a horrible end... he flips open the face of his signet ring and drinks the cyanide...

MON THE FUCKIN TON...

Archived