Todays scores 6/10

GNU_Linux

Two really poor performances in consecutive weeks from Talbot,is it a coincidence that our best centre half finds himself  benched for these games for no apparant reason,i thought our defence,up to the last two weeks were looking solid with only 3 league goals conceded,why was Mcpherson dropped if not being injured.Now i know  one player doesnt make a team,but what  it can do in my exerience is put players on edge knowing they could be dropped even if playing well,you cant beat a settled team week in week out that gets into a habit of winning.Tucker seems to have a lot of faith in big Sean Mcilroy,though the big man has more impact coming off the bench and Kemp has much more pace  that would have suited yesterdays game,with Glens down to 10men.Taking Shankers off was a head scratcher as he looked Talbots best route to goal,a scrappy game decided by a free kick conceded after a mistake by Mcphersons replacement in defence.Talbot must lift their game for cup final as the Gow will fancy their chances if Talbot repeat yesterdays performance.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two really poor performances in consecutive weeks from Talbot,is it a coincidence that our best centre half finds himself  benched for these games for no apparant reason,i thought our defence,up to the last two weeks were looking solid with only 3 league goals conceded,why was Mcpherson dropped if not being injured.Now i know  one player doesnt make a team,but what  it can do in my exerience is put players on edge knowing they could be dropped even if playing well,you cant beat a settled team week in week out that gets into a habit of winning.Tucker seems to have a lot of faith in big Sean Mcilroy,though the big man has more impact coming off the bench and Kemp has much more pace  that would have suited yesterdays game,with Glens down to 10men.Taking Shankers off was a head scratcher as he looked Talbots best route to goal,a scrappy game decided by a free kick conceded after a mistake by Mcphersons replacement in defence.Talbot must lift their game for cup final as the Gow will fancy their chances if Talbot repeat yesterdays performance.

Seen this type of opinion at the start of most seasons after a few dodgy results. I'll trust Tucker already knows what's to be done.  

I personally think a few off games is normal especially at this time of the year. The Glens are no push overs and are an extremely hard team to beat.

Take it on the chin and hopefully we can learn from this

I think credit must be due to the Glens for playing Talbot for over an hour with 10 men and big Chessy off injured and coping with the Talbot onslaught which duly came! Thought Kyle McAusland and Zee were outstanding!! But not even the result of the day when you saw the score at Bellsdale!

11 hours ago, nearly man said:

Don't be silly, fell out the game second half and lost , disappointed myself but your not much of a Beith fan coming out with a statement like that, we've still got a good squad of players there and an excellent management team sometimes that wee bit rub of the green goes against you there's certainly no need to sack anyone that's just stupid to come out with that.

No side should ever lose when being 3-0 up at home. Already out the scottish and won't win the league. NOT GOOD ENOUGH 

1 hour ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

If the Gow play like we have been - especially the first half v Petershill and Talbot don’t turn up then we should be in with a good shout.

No side should ever lose when being 3-0 up at home. Already out the scottish and won't win the league. NOT GOOD ENOUGH 
So we should be winning the League or Scottish every year? Sack the most successful manager we've ever had over a sticky patch? Seem to remember similar calls after Lochee last year and look what happened after that....

14 minutes ago, Bellsdale Boy said:
1 hour ago, thefoos2014 said:

So we should be winning the League or Scottish every year? Sack the most successful manager we've ever had over a sticky patch? Seem to remember similar calls after Lochee last year and look what happened after that....

Maybe not winning but should be challenging and unfortunately that's not going to happen this season and let's be honest we didn't win the league last year both the Buffs and Talbot lost it. 

Maybe not winning but should be challenging and unfortunately that's not going to happen this season and let's be honest we didn't win the league last year both the Buffs and Talbot lost it. 
Most goals scored, least goals conceded, most points.... that's what the record books show. At the moment Hurlfords form means nobody is challenging. Should they all sack their Managers? We turned up at Buffs a month ago with 11 fit players. Injuries have killed us so far and yesterday was just a freak game spoiled with a horrendous referee and us being too deep 2nd half. Did you want Millar sacked at half time?

3 hours ago, Bellsdale Boy said:
3 hours ago, thefoos2014 said:

Most goals scored, least goals conceded, most points.... that's what the record books show. At the moment Hurlfords form means nobody is challenging. Should they all sack their Managers? We turned up at Buffs a month ago with 11 fit players. Injuries have killed us so far and yesterday was just a freak game spoiled with a horrendous referee and us being too deep 2nd half. Did you want Millar sacked at half time?

Not going to say I wanted him sacked at half time but have to be honest haven't been happy with him as manager for a long time. Personally think we need a change just my opinion. 

nob
I don't like to call anywhere midden but there may be an element of truth with that remark. Hurlford are the benchmark this season to date, so their park might be their own downfall as fixtures get backlogged due to unplayable surfaces. Blair park is notoriously bad for cancellations so you never know

1 hour ago, thefoos2014 said:

Not going to say I wanted him sacked at half time but have to be honest haven't been happy with him as manager for a long time. Personally think we need a change just my opinion. 

First team in football history to win a league and not deserve it, your obviously at the wind up and not a Beith supporter, if you've not been happy with him for a while you must be a Ladeside fan they've no been happy with him either cause he's got an uncanny knack of winning things.

How could you not be happy with what Johnny has done at Beith, you haven't been happy with him for a long time, how long a time are we talking, before they won the Scottish for the first time ever or before they won the league again last season.  

To do what Hurlford have done so far means they have something special about them this season where they are never beaten. That's football sometimes, even at 3-0 a game is never over.

42 minutes ago, Beng24310 said:

How could you not be happy with what Johnny has done at Beith, you haven't been happy with him for a long time, how long a time are we talking, before they won the Scottish for the first time ever or before they won the league again last season.  

To do what Hurlford have done so far means they have something special about them this season where they are never beaten. That's football sometimes, even at 3-0 a game is never over.

Not saying he hasn't done a good job however genuinely feel its time to go. Same mistakes time and time again. As I say it's my opinion and appreciate that people may disagree however I honestly think that unless changes are made this is going to be a long season

2 minutes ago, thefoos2014 said:

Not saying he hasn't done a good job however genuinely feel its time to go. Same mistakes time and time again. As I say it's my opinion and appreciate that people may disagree however I honestly think that unless changes are made this is going to be a long season

If you don’t want Miller we will have him

Archived