THE BIG TOP OF THE TABLE THREAD

11 hours ago, Cabbage and Hibs said:

You mean Hibs who’ve accumulated the most points out of anyone in Scotland in 2018? 

The last side outside of Celtic to win a major trophy? And one of only a handful of teams to do so in those 50 months?

The side who went 9 games unbeaten against Hearts in those 50 months? 

Not a very good point you’re making to be honest. 

Yet you finished 4th and are now behind the Hertz. greggy.png

Celtic should just chalk that Scottish Cup win as their own considering how much they fed your side with their players to try and get one over Rangers. TjIgIBM.png

I can definitely see the Hibs bois telling their grandbairns about that unbeaten run (five draws, no wins at Tynecastle). warnock.png

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

“most points 2018” - genuinely surprised by this. Go on, give us the stats Statto.

Because I was curious too, I decided to be your Hibs statto for today and calculated it. We're apparently tied with Killie (unless I made a mistake somewhere, which I do frequently), but a small error of omission is usually allowed for football bragging purposes (just like you omitting to include the Easter Road Derby a couple of posts ago, except it helps if you're smart enough not to omit something everyone else vividly remembers).

5bb87deeb8e62_2018Premiershippts.png.cefa83682a701be3fb380e6f1d2b46cb.png

I didn't include teams that haven't been in the Premiership both seasons, and the breakdown by game is just for the 2017-2018 season (this season's point tally can just be read off the league table).

50 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Yet you finished 4th and are now behind the Hertz. 

And you finished 6th, a lowly 18 points behind us. What’s your point? 

Celtic should just chalk that Scottish Cup win as their own considering how much they fed your side with their players to try and get one over Rangers. 

What, for a total of 2 loans? Aye ok. By the same token, you’ll be awarding your SC wins to the banks instead then? Imagine squandering nearly £40 million and still only winning the same amount of trophies as us in the last 20 years :lol: :lol:

I can definitely see the Hibs bois telling their grandbairns about that unbeaten run (five draws, no wins at Tynecastle).

Oh, my grandkids will know all about Sir Robbie Neilson’s merry band of men being 2-0 up at Tynecastle with 10 minutes to go, practically gifting us the cup.warnock.png

12 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

This thread is making my eyes hurt. 

I was quite enjoying the face off in the battle of mediocrity.....

Needs more of Dindys #TB4 pish to stink the place out imo.  

2 hours ago, Cabbage and Hibs said:

And you finished 6th, a lowly 18 points behind us. What’s your point?

What, for a total of 2 loans? Aye ok. By the same token, you’ll be awarding your SC wins to the banks instead then? Imagine squandering nearly £40 million and still only winning the same amount of trophies as us in the last 20 years :lol::lol:

Oh, my grandkids will know all about Sir Robbie Neilson’s merry band of men being 2-0 up at Tynecastle with 10 minutes to go, practically gifting us the cup.

I didn't dispute the fact we finished 6th, m8. Just pointing out how pointless this '2018 league table' is.

We've won three big cups in the last 20 years, m8, reking Hibs in two of them at the national stadium. No other Scottish club outside the Old Firm has won it more than once in the past two decades.

Doesn't really compare to getting destroyed 4-0 in a semi at Hampden and 5-1 in a final at Hampden though, does it? The main reason it's so memorable is because of your absolutely laughable record in the competition. :lol:

It's all in your head, hibbys, you won f**k all

keep taking the tablets

You should pop into the Sevco thread.

Bennett (I know) appears to have some evidence that the Hibs chairman confirmed in the early 90s that they are a new club.

Some Hibees scrambling and going down the company not club route of the Govan bigots.

Interesting weekend ahead on P+B I would suggest.

On 10/6/2018 at 10:23, Aim Here said:

Because I was curious too, I decided to be your Hibs statto for today and calculated it. We're apparently tied with Killie (unless I made a mistake somewhere, which I do frequently), but a small error of omission is usually allowed for football bragging purposes (just like you omitting to include the Easter Road Derby a couple of posts ago, except it helps if you're smart enough not to omit something everyone else vividly remembers).

5bb87deeb8e62_2018Premiershippts.png.cefa83682a701be3fb380e6f1d2b46cb.png

I didn't include teams that haven't been in the Premiership both seasons, and the breakdown by game is just for the 2017-2018 season (this season's point tally can just be read off the league table).

Listen - if you'd sat in the Dunbar End for the last 5 or 6 derbies at ER, you would appreciate why the brain has merged them all into one combined nightmare and deleted most of the details.

Archived