THE BIG TOP OF THE TABLE THREAD

7 games in.

The bizarre love triangle of the Lothian clubs occupying top spots. Strange but true.

Hearts nailing just about everyone.

Livi punching way above their weight.

Hibs being strong as usual.

Celtic playing completely pish but still staying ahead of the Rangers.

Oh, and Killie.

So, what’s your thoughts folks? Curious to see what you think the top 6 positions will look like after 9, 18, 27 and 36 games and also what will cause some of the teams to drop off?

16 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

7 games in.

The bizarre love triangle of the Lothian clubs occupying top spots. Strange but true.

Hearts nailing just about everyone.

Livi punching way above their weight.

Hibs being strong as usual.

Celtic playing completely pish but still staying ahead of the Rangers.

Oh, and Killie.

So, what’s your thoughts folks? Curious to see what you think the top 6 positions will look like after 9, 18, 27 and 36 games and also what will cause some of the teams to drop off?

Why have you chosen 9, 18, 27 and 36 as your benchmarks? 

Nice hertz have made a good start to the season but we all know Hibs have the better squad and natural order will soon be restored.  This Hertz team remind me of the side Jeffries put together with the smg loot in 00. Looked good for a bit but got skelped 6-2 by the Glorious.  Now we have a level playing field I see plenty more maroon tears. - recent derbies prove it.

3 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Nice hertz have made a good start to the season but we all know Hibs have the better squad and natural order will soon be restored.  This Hertz team remind me of the side Jeffries put together with the smg loot in 00. Looked good for a bit but got skelped 6-2 by the Glorious.  Now we have a level playing field I see plenty more maroon tears. - recent derbies prove it.

Eh ? We've won the last 2. 

btw Hibs play Accies tomorrow. At Easter Road.  If you go down Leith Walk, turn right onto London Road  then left onto Easter Road, you'll find the stadium down there off to the right. Hibs will be the team wearing the green strips with the white sleeves.

5 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

He is including the kids game m9.

If that's allowed then we won a league and cup double last year - fuckin yippee!

maclaren.png.b2b2729c62f16f06481d9bceffbcca62.png

However, as I'm sure you know, Pet in fact made a James Hunt of himself.......again

montyyuk.png.c83f4572de55f6cea4a3383a899ebece.png

3 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Ok. I forgot the last ER game. So Hibs have won 1 out of the last 4. If you're happy that "that proves it" then  fine

Pet, sometimes you just have to accept you've made a shop front of yourself and move on.

1_8-fgvBPAFgPpbbr-YwD9Xw.jpeg.aa096cabcf41202774dda313f1c52ac6.jpeg

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

No, he's right enough.  Provided your time horizon for "as usual" is 2 or 3 months last season - out of the last 50 months

You mean Hibs who’ve accumulated the most points out of anyone in Scotland in 2018? 

The last side outside of Celtic to win a major trophy? And one of only a handful of teams to do so in those 50 months?

The side who went 9 games unbeaten against Hearts in those 50 months? 

Not a very good point you’re making to be honest. 

9 hours ago, Cabbage and Hibs said:

You mean Hibs who’ve accumulated the most points out of anyone in Scotland in 2018? 

The last side outside of Celtic to win a major trophy? And one of only a handful of teams to do so in those 50 months?

The side who went 9 games unbeaten against Hearts in those 50 months? 

Not a very good point you’re making to be honest. 

“most points 2018” - genuinely surprised by this. Go on, give us the stats Statto.

”last team outwith Celtic to win trophy” - no doubt, as cute wee underdogs, you’ve done well in the cups against the big teams recently.

”9 games unbeaten” - get back to me if you get to 22 or if you manage to win the next 60 games to overtake our wins against you. Actually, don’t bother unless you’ve got a ouija board - I’ll be deid.

My point was perfectly reasonable. Unless you work really hard to manipulate the time-frame for the statistics, Hibs are not usually good.

10 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

“most points 2018” - genuinely surprised by this. Go on, give us the stats Statto.

"Genuinely surprised" - a bit like you "forgot about" Hibs 2-0 win at ER last season?

Sportscene did a bit on it the other week.

IIRC, points accumulated calendar YTD Hibs were top, Killie 2nd.

None of which should be surprising. Killie had a great 2nd half of the season and we hadn't lost in any competition at ER since last December - until the Betfred v sheep last week.

Archived