The Blue Brazil v The Binos

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

It was a game of two halves......and we were pish in both of them.   From where I was sat, I thought Allan punched Cox in the face tbh.  Need to see what the cameras caught to verify that one.

When Cox was having a go at the ref you could see him pointing to a mark on his face.

9 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

When Cox was having a go at the ref you could see him pointing to a mark on his face.

Some thought an elbow, I thought a punch, but I'm pretty sure Cox got something in the fizzer.  Good work by Cowden to close us down.  At least your boys deserve some credit out of that. Damned sure we don't.  The sending off was a studs up job. Some refs give them, some don't.  McGeachie got a back elbow in the face later on.  Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't with those incidents.

Mullen, Marsh and Deas all had good games but Stirling really were awful. They had absolutely no ideas going forward and only had only shot on target that troubled McGurn - in the second minute.

Gary Fraser has now played his three games as a trialist. Would you sign him?

1 minute ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Mullen, Marsh and Deas all had good games but Stirling really were awful. They had absolutely no ideas going forward and only had only shot on target that troubled McGurn - in the second minute.

Would sign Fraser,red card today was harsh. Back 4 got a clean sheet and deserve a run, thought Cox's work rate was immense.

Stirling worst team at central in a while but missing Darren Smith, Peter Mcdonald

10 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Finally Deas gets a game in his true position. He was excellent, pity he hadn’t played there a few weeks ago.. at last we have our two central defenders sorted. 

Anyone have a clue why Sheerin was taken off after Fraser was red carded ? That was just daft.

I’d sign Fraser.

We dominated the game but did absolutely f**k all with the ball. Our final ball was embarrassing, then when we finally got a good ball into the box the players ducked and shat it.

Absolutely dire again, we need someone with experience in who will go right through this shower of shite.

Jeez how shit are Stirling ?

As has been said, Stirling are really poor. Really poor.

Must be a long time since i've seen such a poor Stirling side

Correct. We’ve had a lot of hard games against Stirling over the years and taken a few pastings, but that is the worst Stirling team I’ve ever seen.

Stirling worst team at central in a while but missing Darren Smith, Peter Mcdonald

.......and yet Dave Mackay is in this weeks Stirling Observer saying he was disappointed that the board sacked him and he never seen it coming.

(Most) Stirling fans have been saying all the above the above since the start of 2018, the only reason we made the Play Offs really, was because the start of last season we managed to bag enough points and hold on by the skin of our teeth come the end. Much of our early season form came from the surprise of Callumn Morrison, who was an exceptional player for this level, and the goals of Darren Smith, who’s never had a season like that before.

This season and this squad ARE DIRE and I agree with all the comments I have quoted. After we lost the Play Off to Peterhead, Dave Mackay promised that we would be stronger this season and that he would bring in players that would improve the squad, when in fact he has brought in players that are either done or are simply not good enough to play in League 2.

Our interim manger is quoted as  saying "the boys gave me everything".  If that's all the boys have to give it will need divine intervention for us to rise to mid table mediocrity.

We we looked OK passing the ball across the halfway line, after that we were clueless. For all that we had a lot  of possession Cowden's defence had a pretty comfortable afternoon, and any breakaways carried more threat than all our huffing and puffing.

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Finally Deas gets a game in his true position. He was excellent, pity he hadn’t played there a few weeks ago.. at last we have our two central defenders sorted. 

Anyone have a clue why Sheerin was taken off after Fraser was red carded ? That was just daft.

I’d sign Fraser.

Hopefully it was tactical and not an injury. Stirling had a lot of attempts at our goal right after the sending off. Guess Bollan panicked and was trying to hold on for the win. Desperation.

Hopefully it was tactical and not an injury. Stirling had a lot of attempts at our goal right after the sending off. Guess Bollan panicked and was trying to hold on for the win. Desperation.

Let's be sensible - the manager took Sheerin off for tactical reasons when we went down to 10 men. We then had a very good and pleasing win and completely shut out Stirling. Job well done. Let's not imagine that playing with 10 men should have been some springboard for taking the game to Stirling.

54 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Can someone tell me how we actually lined up? Was it 4-4-2 with Cox or Scott up top?

What did we do after the sending off?

Good to see Gary listened to 10/11 of my picks.

To me it looks like 4-1-3-2

---------------------McGurn-------------------
Mullen------Deas-------Marsh--------Talbot
---------------------Fraser-----------------------
Buchanan-------Malcolm-------------Scott
-------------Cox------------Sheerin----------

When Sheerin went off, we put Scott up front on his own and packed the midfield. We then just punted the ball clear for 70 minutes without actually trying to pass to anyone or aim the punts towards Scott then Renton.

6 minutes ago, PELE said:

Bollan played Scott up front on his own against Hearts with Cox supporting and it worked until Scott got sent off.

32 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

To me it looks like 4-1-3-2

---------------------McGurn-------------------
Mullen------Deas-------Marsh--------Talbot
---------------------Fraser-----------------------
Buchanan-------Malcolm-------------Scott
-------------Cox------------Sheerin----------

When Sheerin went off, we put Scott up front on his own and packed the midfield. We then just punted the ball clear for 70 minutes without actually trying to pass to anyone or aim the punts towards Scott then Renton.

Thanks. Much better shape to that side, apart from Buchanan on the flank. 

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Let's be sensible - the manager took Sheerin off for tactical reasons when we went down to 10 men. We then had a very good and pleasing win and completely shut out Stirling. Job well done. Let's not imagine that playing with 10 men should have been some springboard for taking the game to Stirling.

When I said desperation, it was more to do with the time of the sending off and the opposition. I would take that most weeks to avoid bottom spot.

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

Thanks. Much better shape to that side, apart from Buchanan on the flank. 

Thought Buchanan did OK yesterday. Once Sheerin was taken off the rest of the game was played between our box and the halfway line. Stirling were so awful that even with ten men we should have beaten them comfortably. 

It was a long second half punting balls in the direction of Scott, who did very little. The wrong player was taken off, unless he was injured. There was plenty dissatisfaction amongst home fans when that happened.

As an aside, Deas was excellent.

Archived