The Blue Brazil v The Binos

This Saturday we make the short journey to Central Park to face a Cowdenbeath side below us  in the League.  First game since the sacking of Dave MacKay and the interim team of Darren Barr, Mark Stewart and Peter McDonald are in charge. 

Don't know what to expect this Saturday but hopefully an improvement on last weeks defeat at the hands of Albion Rovers . Can the team bounce back from that poor result and get the points I certainly hope so. 

Prediction Blue Brazil 1 Binos 2         :thumsup2

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rhliston said:

This Saturday we make the short journey to Central Park to face a Cowdenbeath side below us  in the League.  First game since the sacking of Dave MacKay and the interim team of Darren Barr, Mark Stewart and Peter McDonald are in charge. 

Don't know what to expect this Saturday but hopefully an improvement on last weeks defeat at the hands of Albion Rovers . Can the team bounce back from that poor result and get the points I certainly hope so. 

Prediction Blue Brazil 1 Binos 2         :thumsup2

From what I’ve seen recently, I wouldn’t dispute that.

11 hours ago, headthebaw said:

not sure I can summon the energy to make this trip. 

Cowdenbeath have improved since last season and we... :unsure:

Just hope the team that beat Elgin turns up on Saturday and not the one that for most of the season has been underperforming. Surely professional pride will kick in and they will be out to prove they are a better team than the League position suggests they are. If they aren't embarrassed by the position they find themselves in then it makes you wonder why they were signed in the first place. 

They by their actions have managed to get rid of one manager and whoever takes over will not tolerate any more shocking performances like last week. Its time for the team to stand up and be counted, are they as good as they think they are or are they simply not good enough to cut it at this level. Time will tell but for a team with the 3rd or 4th biggest budget in this League we should be doing a LOT better. 

If we play as we did against Annan & Albion Rovers then it’s going to be a long afternoon for the Binos faithful and Cowden will have to be really bad not to get something out of the game.

Not going to head through this week but keeping my fingers crossed for the 3 points.

For me and from what I've seen (though I'm no footballing expert other than the early Championship Managers), position wise, I'd throw Talbot in the middle to add some much-meeded steel in the centre of the park (at the risk of the inevitable regular Cowden red card), freeing up Malcolm in the Middle to spread the ball about a bit more instead of chasing the game and his (pony) tail for frustrating lost causes.

I'd have Sheerin and Cox up front to save Sheerin chases lost causes to balls aimed in his general direction, and hopefully save his arse burning out after the hour by having Cox share some of the leg-work up front, with the hope he can get in the box and snatch any chances Sheerin can't make due to his relentless harrying all across the front line.

Defence would be the question for me, so I'll leave others to fill in the gaps...

McGurn

Swann, Deas, CB? RB?

LM? Talbot, Malcolm, Buchanan?

Sheerin, Cox

McGurn

Mullen (meh) - Deas - Marsh (Meh) -Talbot

Scott - Malcolm - Fraser (is he signed?) - Swann

Cox (meh) - Sheerin

Subs: Miller, Pyper, Renton (actually did more than most at Ed City in his short spell), Buchanan, Smith, Skelly, Goodfellow

Wouldn't be averse to giving Skelly a start over Cox alongside Sheerin but he didn't look particularly useful on Saturday.

We actually have a very large squad, cant imagine our wage budget is cheap either.

4-3-3 for me. 

For this match, I would have the following line up :-

McGurn.

Mullen, Deas, Scullion, Talbot.

Malcolm, Fraser, Swann.

Skelly, Sheerin, Renton.

Subs, three to be used at some point, would be Smith, Buchanan, Marsh and Cox.

Would have been good if it was Gilfillan in place of Scullion.

A win is a win. I’m not bothered how it happened. Delighted with the battling. That’s what we needed. I’m hoping we can kick on and get some confidence. I’m going for some beer now. It feels good not to be drowning sorrows.

1 hour ago, ronaldincoo said:

battling performance. Not pretty but 3 points is 3 points. Thought Deas was immense at CB. Jeez how shit are Stirling ?

Don’t tell me, a Celtic centre half is actually decent at centre half for Cowdenbeath fc?

what an absolute moron Bollan is hanging him out to dry at left back until now. Imbecile.

even if talbot wasn’t fully fit(who knows ) then Swann was player of year at left back  last season.

Any other team bar Berwick would have overturned us after the red card today.

We sat in needlessly and ought to have looked to kill it with a second which Marsh should have done with the header towards the end.

Never a red card in a month of Sundays and later in the game if the linesman can flag for a Stirling elbow how it can only be yellow by comparison.

As has been said, Stirling are really poor. Really poor.

12 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

We sat in needlessly and ought to have looked to kill it with a second which Marsh should have done with the header towards the end.

Never a red card in a month of Sundays and later in the game if the linesman can flag for a Stirling elbow how it can only be yellow by comparison.

Poor red card Willie and as you say the Stirling boy should have also been sent off for elbowing Cox in the puss if the officials were being consistent. I think we would have won by a few if we had had 11 players for the full 90 minutes.

Must be a long time since i've seen such a poor Stirling side their players seem to have given up considering most of them were there last season when they reached the play offs.

A wins a win however which is the main thing.

45 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

We were poor today and even down to 10 men we did not have the guile to break Cowdenbeath down who hung on to get the win. 

Regarding the straight red card clearly the ref felt that the tackle by your player which almost cut Kevin Moon in half fully was worthy of a straight red. Regarding the other incident involving Cox and Jordan Allan did not appear to be much in it and maybe it was Cox`s over reaction to the challenge that made it a lot worse that what it was. Indeed he had to be pulled back by his own players as he was mouthing off at Albion officials at the dug out.   Even your own manager had to tell him to calm down and keep the head. 

19 minutes ago, rhliston said:

We were poor today and even down to 10 men we did not have the guile to break Cowdenbeath down who hung on to get the win. 

Regarding the straight red card clearly the ref felt that the tackle by your player which almost cut Kevin Moon in half fully was worthy of a straight red. Regarding the other incident involving Cox and Jordan Allan did not appear to be much in it and maybe it was Cox`s over reaction to the challenge that made it a lot worse that what it was. Indeed he had to be pulled back by his own players as he was mouthing off at Albion officials at the dug out.   Even your own manager had to tell him to calm down and keep the head. 

Cox has a short fuse, so it doesn't take much.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Poor red card Willie and as you say the Stirling boy should have also been sent off for elbowing Cox in the puss if the officials were being consistent. I think we would have won by a few if we had had 11 players for the full 90 minutes.

Must be a long time since i've seen such a poor Stirling side their players seem to have given up considering most of them were there last season when they reached the play offs.

A wins a win however which is the main thing.

Correct. We’ve had a lot of hard games against Stirling over the years and taken a few pastings, but that is the worst Stirling team I’ve ever seen. Seldom can any team have had so much of the ball and been so inept. In the second half every time we got the ball we gave it back to Stirling but they didn’t have a clue what to do.

Any other team in the league, apart from Berwick, would have destroyed us.

Archived