The worst nickname ever.

1 hour ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Other Dunfermline fans referring to Raith Rovers as the wee team I find cringeworthy and embarrassing.

To be fair, any nickname derived with the sole intent of getting a rise out of rival fans is fairly embarrassing in general.

We wouldn't do it if it wasn't so effective in getting said rise.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'The Monkey Hangers' is fairly embarrassing; a celebration of stupidity.

We met a lad on holiday once. His mates called him 'Hot Chip' as a result of his stammer; felt a bit sorry for him but he seemed ok with it.

2 hours ago, jofis said:

His mates called him 'Hot Chip' as a result of his stammer; felt a bit sorry for him but he seemed ok with it.

I knew a guy with a stammer; I called him 'Donkey'. Somebody asked him why and he shrugged and said, "Hee-haw... Hee-haw... He always calls me that."

(This is a lie, BTW.)

6 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I knew a guy with a stammer; I called him 'Donkey'. Somebody asked him why and he shrugged and said, "Hee-haw... Hee-haw... He always calls me that."

(This is a lie, BTW.)

He sounds like an ass...

...sorry. 

Finally the 'resurgence' in dad jokes has been given official backing by those in the know. 

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/shortcuts/2018/oct/08/below-pa-the-strange-resurgence-of-dad-jokes

In no particular order:
Septic
Rankgers
Dungfermline
Ayr Ushited
Fundee (inc. 'The Fun')
The Famous (Particularly the bizarrely unironic references to Morton)
Scumdee
Scumfermline
Honourable mentions outwith Scottish football:
Chelski
5under1and (Bizarrely still in use by Newcastle fans despite Sunderland having pumped Newcastle 6 (SIX) times since the 5-1 game in 2010)
The Dingles (Commonly used by multiple Yorkshire clubs as well as Wolves and WBA in reference to their rivals - unoriginal pish)
The Spuds (I'm sure Tottenham fans will be crying into their popcorn about that one)

The Dingles is Blackburn Rovers nick name for Burnley

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Who was that?

Not sure mate. He was in 5th or 6th year when I was in 1st year.......think he was from Letham (your neck of the woods!) or Hillyland area. 

Seem to remember him wearing the typical "rockers" leather jacket from the 70/80's era......he was pretty non-descript tbh.

Goodbye Shitehawk, we never even knew you!

38 minutes ago, sjc said:

Not sure mate. He was in 5th or 6th year when I was in 1st year.......think he was from Letham (your neck of the woods!) or Hillyland area. 

Seem to remember him wearing the typical "rockers" leather jacket from the 70/80's era......he was pretty non-descript tbh.

Goodbye Shitehawk, we never even knew you!

Letham? If you were still in this continent I'd be through your fucking door you c**t!!!

Never heard of anyone at our school called shitehawk. Thought a few were right enough :lol:

Letham ffs! Fucking shitehole c***s.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Letham? If you were still in this continent I'd be through your fucking door you c**t!!!

Never heard of anyone at our school called shitehawk. Thought a few were right enough :lol:

Letham ffs! Fucking shitehole c***s.

:lol: I was sure you were in the Young Letham Team (YLT)?! ;)

32 minutes ago, sjc said:

:lol: I was sure you were in the Young Letham Team (YLT)?! ;)

I used to like you sjc.

The YLT were tracky wearing scumbags. We used to have more in common with the Garth Ave lads, fight them during the week then both go with Saints at the weekend. Some tense Saturdays on the same bus as a c**t you gave a black eye to during the week :lol:

Archived