Top of the league v A disputed town down the A1

Guest Landan Spiv

Guest Landan Spiv

Looking forward to this on Saturday. Berwick will come at us i reckon and really go for it, cant see them just sitting back and allowing us to dominate. Hoping for a win we're on promotion form so lets keep it that way. 

1 hour ago, dougster said:

Dispute? Is this a recent one or the 536 year old one you lot still harp on about. 

You should be favourites but we are improving all the time, I predict Spartans B 1 Bereek Dreem Teem 2

The Dispute is that in the event of Scottish independence who gets to keep Berwick upon Tweed.

I favour settling it by a game of marbles. Loser gets to keep Berwick.

Incidentally do you know which member of the Yorkists finally took Berwick for England in the 1480s?

Spoiler

It was Richard III.  If you got this right award yourself 100 points.

5bb4e20fe4718_richardiii.png.b3e2fa05450830cd943de4fb5b6085ab.png

The Dispute is that in the event of Scottish independence who gets to keep Berwick upon Tweed.
I favour settling it by a game of marbles. Loser gets to keep Berwick.
Incidentally do you know which member of the Yorkists finally took Berwick for England in the 1480s?
Spoiler It was Richard III.  If you got this right award yourself 100 points.

5bb4e20fe4718_richardiii.png.b3e2fa05450830cd943de4fb5b6085ab.png

May I draw this to the attention of the moderator, to please uphold the majority preference for anecdotal knee-jerk opinion, founded on myopic bias. This is just far too well researched and factual for posting here.....cut it out!![emoji16]

1 hour ago, A Believer said:

May I draw this to the attention of the moderator, to please uphold the majority preference for anecdotal knee-jerk opinion, founded on myopic bias. This is just far too well researched and factual for posting here.....cut it out!!emoji16.png

However he was just plain old  Duke of Gloucester at the time, the throne of England was not yet his to claim 

Shielfield must be the best ground in the League for spectacular skies. I don't know if it's the location, the light or wind blown radioactive particles from Torness but you do get some nice skies there. 

ber18.thumb.jpg.4303235cc4055d54023a76eee8b39068.jpg

ber24.thumb.jpg.2a112f09e7d2351dcce5b10c216b2a4f.jpg

2 defeats by the odd goal to Peterhead and Clyde, represent an improvement for Berwick.

The boss's frustration (everyone's actually) is almost explosive and we could do without playing away to Edinburgh this week. But hey, maybe that means we can play with a bit of freedom. 

I expect new boys Hamilton and Hurst to start, but Brennan may hang on in goal. Willis may be back, Brown may be out injured.

I also hope Declan O'Kane has a great game and rams my critical words down my throat.  

Won't be there as Network Rail are playing with their toys on the main line this weekend.

Guest Landan Spiv
4 hours ago, Redcar said:

2 defeats by the odd goal to Peterhead and Clyde, represent an improvement for Berwick.

The boss's frustration (everyone's actually) is almost explosive and we could do without playing away to Edinburgh this week. But hey, maybe that means we can play with a bit of freedom. 

I expect new boys Hamilton and Hurst to start, but Brennan may hang on in goal. Willis may be back, Brown may be out injured.

I also hope Declan O'Kane has a great game and rams my critical words down my throat.  

Won't be there as Network Rail are playing with their toys on the main line this weekend.

253 bus from Berwick then a bus from city centre will get you to Ainslie Park instead. Once getting off the 253 get tge 113 or 19 to Crewe toll then walk along 

10 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

253 bus from Berwick then a bus from city centre will get you to Ainslie Park instead. Once getting off the 253 get tge 113 or 19 to Crewe toll then walk along 

Won't get me from Redcar though. 

22 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

Not that its any good to Redcar but the best bus from the city centre to Ainslie Park is the 27 stops outside Morrisions.

Berwick did threaten to get back on level terms at the end of the second half (without creating much) and were a bit better than I expected but essentially another comfortable win where we looked a step above our opponents in every area.

That back 4 is tremendous, Liam Henderson’s emergence as a centre back is an absolute revelation. What a difference from last season, really is hard to believe.

Guest Landan Spiv

Excellent from City again today. We really do that look that good. Hope the lad who got a bad injury makes a speedy recovery, no matter who you play its never nice to see a player get injured especially at this level as they probably have a job away from football in which now he probably wont be able to do for a while. It should have been about 6 today. Good luck to Robbie Horn, he lost the plot in the dug out, got sent off and the writing was then on the wall. When the chips are down at this level they really are down. The City journey continues. Arbroath away next Friday night in the Irn Bru Cup. We are playing superb football at the moment. 

Excellent from City again today. We really do that look that good. Hope the lad who got a bad injury makes a speedy recovery, no matter who you play its never nice to see a player get injured especially at this level as they probably have a job away from football in which now he probably wont be able to do for a while. It should have been about 6 today. Good luck to Robbie Horn, he lost the plot in the dug out, got sent off and the writing was then on the wall. When the chips are down at this level they really are down. The City journey continues. Arbroath away next Friday night in the Irn Bru Cup. We are playing superb football at the moment. 
Robbie horn wasn't in the dug out. He spent the full game standing behind the goal. David Burrell was the one who was sent off

Guest Landan Spiv
8 minutes ago, Ads189 said:
56 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

Robbie horn wasn't in the dug out. He spent the full game standing behind the goal. David Burrell was the one who was sent off

Aaaaah cheers for correcting me. We all thought it was the man himself. Good luck to him anyway he seems to have all your respect despite the results 

Archived