Inverness v Greenock Morton

16 hours ago, virginton said:

It's the same goalkeeper who chucked in several goals at the start of the season and was nothing short of abysmal last week, Having a goalkeeper who can regularly make worldie saves and clangers is hardly a new experience for us - we've already had the Colin Stewart experience. 

He had a poor debut against Ayr in the cup, no doubt about it, but happy to cut him a bit of slack being his first game, our first game with a new team, playing a new formation etc etc.

He has done nothing wrong since then. Abysmal last week? Nah it was the players in front of him who should carry that can. Could argue he could have possibly have came for the 2nd cross but that was poor defending more than the keepers fault for me. Clearly JJ didn't blame him for any of the goals or he would have brought Gaston back in. Would it had been a different scoreline had Gats been in goal, probably not. Our outfield players let us down badly last week.

I'm curious to know what goals he has chucked in and the clangers he has had as I can't recall any since that Ayr game.

Scully has been absolutely fine this season and after the reviews he got from Thistle fans, I'm pleasantly surprised how well he has done.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, RiG said:

The problem is, whilst I agree with the idea of bringing in some new faces, we don't have much to really freshen the squad up with. I'd definitely like to see Calder start a game, perhaps in place of Doran who has been a bit flat the last couple of matches.

Indeed.  He was very quiet last week against Queens too.  When everyone is fit, I'd like to see;

Oakley

Calder                           Polworth                Walsh

Chalmers              Welsh

or if we keep Doran in the team;

Oakley

Doran                           Polworth                Walsh

Calder              Welsh

which gets Chalmers to fuck.  Which is a good thing.

Archived