Inverness v Greenock Morton

16 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Scully

Kilday Waddell Buchanan McKeown

Tidser McAlister Iredale

Telfer Oliver Tiffoney

Point looks better and better...

Hard to see what he's thinking at this stage: McLean will be asking to go back to Motherwell; McShug will be thinking about retiring...

Fortnight to get it right, hopefully with the aid of a fully fit Millar and Johnstone.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Scully

Kilday Waddell Buchanan McKeown

Tidser McAlister Iredale

Telfer Oliver Tiffoney

I hate seeing Tidser anywhere but in the middle of the park.   How did McAlister play?  I've yet to see him influence a game or resemble anything other than a ghost.

And Waddell?

On 10/3/2018 at 18:48, virginton said:

1-1 draw.

Image result for gregg wallace gif

17 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Point looks better and better...

Hard to see what he's thinking at this stage: McLean will be asking to go back to Motherwell; McShug will be thinking about retiring...

Fortnight to get it right, hopefully with the aid of a fully fit Millar and Johnstone.

If McLean or anyone else can't accept a spell on the bench after being part of last week's disgrace then they're welcome to f**k off.  None of them should have any complaints about it.

A pretty good result to stop the rot and now we have the international break for the manager to work out his best team. 

14 minutes ago, RiG said:

Never noticed it at the time but surely that's hand ball for the Morton opener?

Without watching the highlights, or even being at the game, I can confirm it wasn’t hand ball :) 

No idea why Robbo is insisting on keeping the same personnel when it's clear the side needs freshening up.  Chalmers needs to sit out the next few plays as he offers nothing.  The problem we have is, Calder is best wide on the left, which is where Doran and Polworth switch around.  I'd actually try Calder alongside Sean Welsh, as Calder actually want to play/pass towards the opposition's goal. 

On 07/10/2018 at 11:33, virginton said:

If McLean or anyone else can't accept a spell on the bench after being part of last week's disgrace then they're welcome to f**k off.  None of them should have any complaints about it.

A pretty good result to stop the rot and now we have the international break for the manager to work out his best team. 

Sure, no one who was on the park at the end last week is owed anything, but that doesn’t change the fact that this squad, like many before it in recent years, is short of wide options, as well as pace and athleticism in general. McLean looks to me like the best — only? — direct, genuine wide option (Iredale maybe a stop-gap, Telfer might work with something different on the other side, but is better central). Worrying that our management team appear to think otherwise, no?

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

No idea why Robbo is insisting on keeping the same personnel when it's clear the side needs freshening up.  Chalmers needs to sit out the next few plays as he offers nothing.  The problem we have is, Calder is best wide on the left, which is where Doran and Polworth switch around.  I'd actually try Calder alongside Sean Welsh, as Calder actually want to play/pass towards the opposition's goal. 

The problem is, whilst I agree with the idea of bringing in some new faces, we don't have much to really freshen the squad up with. I'd definitely like to see Calder start a game, perhaps in place of Doran who has been a bit flat the last couple of matches.

Absolute terrific save that. He already has 2 contenders for save of the season nailed down!

Thistle fans said he was hopeless as well, funny old game!

It's the same goalkeeper who chucked in several goals at the start of the season and was nothing short of abysmal last week, Having a goalkeeper who can regularly make worldie saves and clangers is hardly a new experience for us - we've already had the Colin Stewart experience. 

The general vibe I got from the team on Saturday was that it was team who knew their places were guaranteed.  We were pretty flat on the whole.  Also, despite his goal, I don't rate White at all.  Slow, cumbersome and frequently goes missing.  I'd like someone with more bite up-front.  Austin blows hot and cold and Oakley is injured.  Oh well.

Archived