Airdrieonians v. Brechin

Unfortunately I got the team lines correct. Findlay has lost me as to what the set up is. Another lead thrown away quickly by poor defence. The board will still back him I fear.

They can’t back him any longer. Folk are going to start voting with their feet (the ones that haven’t already anyway)

FINDLAY MUST GO!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/10/2018 at 22:19, airdrieman said:

This Saturday marks the end of the first quarter and is a chance for the board to assess where we are in relation to their goals. Perhaps that means a defeat will see the end of Findlay? 

I predict Airdrie to take the lead but not win the game, a plethora of changes to the team and a formation that still doesn't work.

If I'd swapped a plethora of changes for the opposition equalises straight after we score I'd have had a full house... 

Surely Findlay has to go now? Every week the team produce a dismal performance. We have a terrible home record and have lost a lead countless times. Not to mention Findlay still doesn’t know his best team and there are no discernible tactics at all. Not to mention there’s absolutely no fight about the team whatsoever. I like him as a man but he’s not the guy to take this football club forward to where we want and need to be. Time for change.

Don't know much about the other boys but Mackin is the type of striker you want.   Big, powerful, quick and a good finisher.    With Duffy aging and injured a lot we'd have Carrick, LMcIntosh, Victoria, Russell and young Thomson coming through you'd have something good for a few years and capable playing up a level too.

We had Mackin last season.
Pish comes to mind.

Good win for us yesterday against a very poor Airdrie side. The only concern for me is that after going 3-1 up, we took off a striker for a midfielder and sat back again which was not necessary. Better teams will punish us when we do that.

Could have easily pushed on and won 4 or 5-1.

Jackson really is incredible.

All 3 of those goals are a mixture of tactical errors and a complete lack of commitment. They all come from a total lack of protection of the full-backs, giving players about 40 yards of freedom to stride down the wing and attack our back 4.

That's not to excuse the individuals though. The first goal Brechin win the ball 20 yards inside their own half and at no point until the finish does an Airdrie player get within 5 yards of the player with the ball. Unreal. The gap between the centre backs is a joke.

Second goal O'Neil just backs off and allow Burns to take his time, assess his options then line up a shot. There was no overlapping Brechin player so no excuse for O'Neil not to get closer.

3rd goal is just pathetic from Stewart, utterly pathetic. No idea how he gets a game still.

Watching that, we will get relegated unless there is a major change in the attitude/commitment levels and/or the manager. We don't have the players to get away with a lack of effort and ineffective systems.

Chris O’Neil,Scott Robertson and Sean crighton by the looks of it can’t defend,the first Brechin goal crighton is marking the space not the man,the second goal Chris O’Neil Just doddles out to the ball giving time for burns to shoot,A lot of changes need to happen and that starts from the manager

2 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Chris O’Neil,Scott Robertson and Sean crighton by the looks of it can’t defend,the first Brechin goal crighton is marking the space not the man,the second goal Chris O’Neil Just doddles out to the ball giving time for burns to shoot,A lot of changes need to happen and that starts from the manager

Sorry, 2nd goal is more to do with clueless Stewart not tracking the wingback.

In that situation O'Neill shouldn't dive in and let the wingback get a clear run on goal.  Usually you'd prefer him shooting from there.

Robertson absolutely destroys Crighton (again) after the 1st and rightly so.   

Stewart again at the 3rd, agreed, lamentable.  But why does the equally awful manager make that sub, that was the most predictable fuckup of the lot.

This is all on the truly shite manager

Sorry, 2nd goal is more to do with clueless Stewart not tracking the wingback.
In that situation O'Neill shouldn't dive in and let the wingback get a clear run on goal.  Usually you'd prefer him shooting from there.
Robertson absolutely destroys Crighton (again) after the 1st and rightly so.   
Stewart again at the 3rd, agreed, lamentable.  But why does the equally awful manager make that sub, that was the most predictable fuckup of the lot.
This is all on the truly shite manager

I will agree that Scott Stewart should be tracking the runner but Chris O’Neil has to get out quicker and show burns inside and not give him the full goals to shoot at

Archived