Airdrieonians v. Brechin

Plays in the Croatian third tier with NK Novigrad. Think he had been training with Falkirk beforehand but looks like he dodged a bullet there!

Speaking of Falkirk, they have terminated the contract of 3 players, one of them being Dylan Mackin.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course I am miles off.    Thats not to say i'm wrong.
Findus couldn't spot a player if his life depended on it.   How the f**k we let Brownlie go and missed out on Luke Watt and Balatoni to sign the shit we did...

The difference Balatoni would have made to that defence.
[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

The difference Balatoni would have made to that defence.
emoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.png

Heard from a mate that plays for Falkirk that he has dodgy knees and nobody wanted to touch him.

Not the first time I've heard of another club warn people off about a player and it being unjustly damaging, or stigmatising, to the player,  sometimes just lies.

2 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

Speaking of Falkirk, they have terminated the contract of 3 players, one of them being Dylan Mackin.

Don't know much about the other boys but Mackin is the type of striker you want.   Big, powerful, quick and a good finisher.    With Duffy aging and injured a lot we'd have Carrick, LMcIntosh, Victoria, Russell and young Thomson coming through you'd have something good for a few years and capable playing up a level too.

13 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

You’re worse than findus.....

What of I changed it slightly to:

......................  Hutton

O'Neill/Scotty Robertson Crighton Edwards/McD

.......Carrick Miller Cairns Victoria

.............. Duffy and LMcIntosh

I know my reasons for my earlier suggestion, does that appeal more?

Heard from a mate that plays for Falkirk that he has dodgy knees and nobody wanted to touch him.

Not the first time I've heard of another club warn people off about a player and it being unjustly damaging, or stigmatising, to the player,  sometimes just lies.

I actually heard that as well, stories doing the rounds about Balatoni and no-one would touch him.
Don't know much about the other boys but Mackin is the type of striker you want.   Big, powerful, quick and a good finisher.    With Duffy aging and injured a lot we'd have Carrick, LMcIntosh, Victoria, Russell and young Thomson coming through you'd have something good for a few years and capable playing up a level too.

When mackin was with us on loan, a couple of the guys that were in the team at the time thought he was the real deal, apparently in training he was head and shoulders above anyone. Just a pity it didn't materialise on the park fully.

43 minutes ago, Airdrie1977 said:

Except Edinburgh City and look how they are doing!

27 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I actually heard that as well, stories doing the rounds about Balatoni and no-one would touch him.When mackin was with us on loan, a couple of the guys that were in the team at the time thought he was the real deal, apparently in training he was head and shoulders above anyone. Just a pity it didn't materialise on the park fully.

Re Balatoni, ironic that the main culprit has been chopped...

Mackin came good in Lennons late season 442 after being hung out to dry earlier.  He was only about 18/19 then

What of I changed it slightly to:
......................  Hutton
O'Neill/Scotty Robertson Crighton Edwards/McD
.......Carrick Miller Cairns Victoria
.............. Duffy and LMcIntosh
I know my reasons for my earlier suggestion, does that appeal more?

Assuming it is either Edwards or McD then it is closer to the Findlay team. Hope we win regardless.

12 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Our tactical genius proving the better of the two by the looks of things. :thumsup2

Ffs yet again week after week , thank feck in I'm spain...  Can someone pass on that Findas is a fud......

Where to start.....
Just home, took my old man for the first time in years, he probably won't be back again.
Brechin got the game plan spot on, attack wide areas because the full backs are absolute garbage, let Airdrie have a fair bit of possession, because they don't know what the f*ck to do with it.
No positional sense, not one man in a diamond got pass marks, but special mention to Scott Stewart, who apart from.one decent run in the first half...looked absolutely lost.
Tbf to the ref, he was one of the more consistent ones this season, went relatively unnoticed and got most of the decisions spot on.

Findlay must go.

Archived