The Bridie Munchers vs The Points Crunchers - Forfar Athletic vs East Fife

The difference between the sides was across the back this afternoon. East Fife defended as a unit, while Forfar's back four looked makeshift at best. In saying that I thought Ross Davidson, sitting in front of our back four was the motm this afternoon.

Once Forfar get their central defence sorted they should avoid the bottom two...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bernardblack
Took a fair bit of stick for the above selection but only Moore failed to make it onto the pitch. Switch  Aitken for Moore , play in the positions as above and we might have made a game of it. 
Would all Easton fans please tell me what he achieved in his 70 mins on the park?
After the Bollan fiasco Jim Weir has been given an easy ride. IMO he has 9 games to prove himself otherwise he has to go. 

Fair play for calling a team almost right that lost 4-0.

Easton needs to play through the middle, full stop. He can’t play left wing and he shouldn’t have to.

Reilly has to play too. He starts over Hill every week for me

Absolutely class today.

Love how we have 4 top strikers now [emoji102] and as Darren says each would get in every team in the league.

Don’t get the hype about Easton. His record hasn’t been great in the past and he’s never wow’d me. He just seems to dance at the wings and never get anywhere.
Playing hoofball to Aitken (I think) didn’t work in the first half but Forfar kept doing it all game. The second plan was good for us but worrying for Forfar. The guy I spoke to at the end summed it up well with the “we have a plan A and if plan A doesn’t work we have plan A [emoji23]”

I’m glad our plan b today was to rest some of our players and give others a chance. Bell and Mcbride came on and were menaces. Standout performance from Dunlop coming in.
Brett long was outstanding as ever and 3 clean sheets is class!
The team are working well as a team and are showing exactly what they are capable. If we only get one in the SPFL team of the week I’ll be disappointed.

Great win and onto QOTS and how we are going to stop the on fire Dobbie!

Guest bernardblack
Absolutely class today.

Love how we have 4 top strikers now [emoji102] and as Darren says each would get in every team in the league.

Don’t get the hype about Easton. His record hasn’t been great in the past and he’s never wow’d me. He just seems to dance at the wings and never get anywhere.
Playing hoofball to Aitken (I think) didn’t work in the first half but Forfar kept doing it all game. The second plan was good for us but worrying for Forfar. The guy I spoke to at the end summed it up well with the “we have a plan A and if plan A doesn’t work we have plan A [emoji23]”

I’m glad our plan b today was to rest some of our players and give others a chance. Bell and Mcbride came on and were menaces. Standout performance from Dunlop coming in.
Brett long was outstanding as ever and 3 clean sheets is class!
The team are working well as a team and are showing exactly what they are capable. If we only get one in the SPFL team of the week I’ll be disappointed.

Great win and onto QOTS and how we are going to stop the on fire Dobbie!

Fair play to your keeper. Never stopped shouting all game and was adamant about keeping a clean sheet....love seeing that in a keeper. Couple of class saves in the first half too!

Another great performance. 3-0 probably flattered us a bit at half time as Forfar had chances but over the piece we absolutely bossed it.

Really good to see Smith and Currie get starts as they've certainly done enough to deserve it.

We're just looking good all over the park at the moment and have really good options on the bench, especially up front, which is nice to see after the injury problems we've had over the last couple of seasons. It's a pity there's a break in the league next week as I can't really wait for the next league game at the moment.

6 games, 6 wins, 14 goals scored, 2 conceded.

Don’t want to start singling out individuals but is it just me that doesn’t rate Ross Meechan at all? To make him captain as well is beyond me
I'm not a fan but unsure whether it's all down to Mechan or a complete lack of awareness from Bain leaving Mechan exposed every week.
Certainly the right side needs sorting out.

Guest bernardblack
I'm not a fan but unsure whether it's all down to Mechan or a complete lack of awareness from Bain leaving Mechan exposed every week.
Certainly the right side needs sorting out.

I like Meechan defensively, but he seems to panic every time he has the ball and plays that annoying ball down the channel instead of just keeping it

12 hours ago, bernardblack said:

And who would do a better job?

So we just keep trundling along do we?

Bollan got plenty time and Jim has had his 3 shop windows that the chairman said he needed....and look where we are, a team of SPL U/20 loan signings, a signed up team that almost got relegated last season, players playing all over the shop.

We were told that JW prided himself on checking the oppositions set plays etc....every week we concede pub league goals by school boy defending.....we are only a few games away from the board having to make 'that' decision again. 

Anyone calling for Weir to get the sack is just silly.

Is it really though?
He’s ran out of ideas, he hasn’t a clue what formation to play let alone what players to play where.
He looks completely deflated, the players don’t really look like they care either.
No fight or desire really yesterday. It looked like we’d just picked 11 lads of the street to play for us, no shape or structure at all, midfield bypassed the whole game, no idea how Hill & Murray stayed on the whole 90 minutes.

Another thing I hate to have to say this but Marc McCallum could potentially be for the drop he’s had a stinker all season which is a real shame after the amazing season he had last year!

24 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Is it really though?
He’s ran out of ideas, he hasn’t a clue what formation to play let alone what players to play where.
He looks completely deflated, the players don’t really look like they care either.
No fight or desire really yesterday. It looked like we’d just picked 11 lads of the street to play for us, no shape or structure at all, midfield bypassed the whole game, no idea how Hill & Murray stayed on the whole 90 minutes.

Another thing I hate to have to say this but Marc McCallum could potentially be for the drop he’s had a stinker all season which is a real shame after the amazing season he had last year!

Pretty much spot on.

I am sure nobody wants to keep chopping and changing managers and Jim is an approachable guy who works hard but there always comes a time where you can see that something simply isn't working.

Stenny,Raith,Airdrie and Brechin....how many points can you see out of that lot?

Archived