The Bridie Munchers vs The Points Crunchers - Forfar Athletic vs East Fife

Wow!

What a luxury we have at the moment with the strikers. Drop Dowds and Courts for Smith and Currie and both of them score. It has just added to Young’s problems but in a good way.

We are absolutely flying at the moment - it didn’t look likely after the first 3 games of the season but that’s now 6 wins in a row in all competitions.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange one. Could have been level if not ahead at half time. East Fife clinical with their 3 chances on target. Forfar (Baird) completely wasteful.
2nd half was a non event after the 4th went in. Poor defensively with left-footed Malone preferred in the middle to right-footed Whyte at left back.
Storming return to the starting 11 for Matty though. Looked a class above the rest of our team (not difficult) creating chances for Easton and Baird early on and even played not bad on the wing when forced out there after the subs were made.
Losing patience with Baird. So many chances missed and layoffs misplaced. Should have been tighter to his man for their second (stunning) goal too.
Easton also a shadow of his early season promising form.

Shades of Gary Bollan today

We simply do not have 'a team' at present , it's a mix match of players being played out of position-loan players that we simply do not need (as they are no better)

Nobody wants to keep chopping and changing managers but things are not any better than under the disaster that was Bollan (and we were told JW needed 3 windows to get his team)

2 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Folk losing their shit with Baird when our defence and midfield turn in one of the most inept displays i've seen for a long time. Mackintosh and Hill were comical.

Really not sure Weir knows where he's going with this.

Judging by JW actions in the last 5 minutes he has run out of ideas completely, looked in a world of his own.

Agree the middle of the park was piss poor, Muzza works his socks off and never hides but there was nobody in the middle to put a foot on the ball.

Easton a complete waste out wide, give him a free reign and get the ball to his feet.

Hilson hasn't been fit since coming back, Baird couldn't make the ball stick. Matty worked hard and won a few headers(pointless)

Defence is a mystery to me, Whyte never looked a centre half to me before and it showed with the 4th goal.

Wilson is all over the shop at times and is the least commanding of all our CH's

Eddie did alright as usual (fall guy)

Captain was a strange one....

Another blunder form Marc but who can blame him with a defence like that in front of him!!

Folk losing their shit with Baird when our defence and midfield turn in one of the most inept displays i've seen for a long time.

Well, when you’re the main striker and you’ve 3 or 4 or 5 efforts that don’t hit the target and an inside the 6 yard box effort that doesn’t hit the net you can’t exactly shower him with praise. Agree the midfield / was poor but if your strikers stick the ball in the net it doesn’t half take the pressure off.

Any chance of a refund on the season ticket?
That was absolutely abysmal, only remember one decent move where Easton should really bury it.

Weir has lost any clue that he had, he’s ran out of idea’s rapidly.
Selections erratic as ever every single week.

Sack surely inevitable now?

3 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Well, when you’re the main striker and you’ve 3 or 4 or 5 efforts that don’t hit the target and an inside the 6 yard box effort that doesn’t hit the net you can’t exactly shower him with praise. Agree the midfield / was poor but if your strikers stick the ball in the net it doesn’t half take the pressure off.

I’d he could even pass to a team mate it would help.

Guest bernardblack

Baird wasn’t great but describing him as wasteful is just wrong.

Hits the volley well and the keeper pulls off a great save. Then Easton should be scoring...completely different game after that.

Reilly should be starting every single week. The one boy in the team who can retain possession

Very pleasing today & worthy winners but a special mention must go to Brett Long for two crucial (1 outstanding!) saves at 1-0. Who knows how the game could have turned if Forfar had scored during the 20 minute spell they had us penned in? Aggy’s first strike simply stunning

That Hilson for Malone substitution though? What was that?

3-0 down and he's putting a forward on for a centre half exactly the right thing to be doing - just going for it. Wait a minute, naw he's just moving folk around all over the place and we're stuck with his rigid, flat 4-4-2. Madness.  Can he not show some adventure or imagination?

Well that was as easy a game as we've played in a long time, apart from one shot early in the first half which brought out a tremendous save from Long, we were never in trouble and once the 1st went in it felt like we were going to score every time we had a shot on goal and that is pretty much how the first half went!!!
The game was over as a contest by half time and Forfar obviously had had a rocket as they came out a bit more organised, but not by much and as the game was already won, I think we were guilty of taking our foot of the gas a bit which I hope doesn't come back to haunt us, we could have won that game 6 or 7 nil, Kid Currie, even though he scored for the 5th game in a row could have/should have had a hat-trick he made his 2nd half shot hard for himself and as for his header, he's going to have nightmares about that one, the whole goal to aim for and he put it right at the keeper and Aggy had a couple of chances himself to complete his own hattrick!!!
I know I'm nitpicking as it was a fine and thoroughly professional performance, but as the game played out, today turned out to be a chance to catch up on Raith's GD, but as I don't want to detract from a good win I'll leave it there!!!
The run continues, Kid's goal scoring run continues and DY also kicks the MotM curse firmly into touch, what wasn't there to like???

26 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

That Hilson for Malone substitution though? What was that?

3-0 down and he's putting a forward on for a centre half exactly the right thing to be doing - just going for it. Wait a minute, naw he's just moving folk around all over the place and we're stuck with his rigid, flat 4-4-2. Madness.  Can he not show some adventure or imagination?

It's a classic sign of someone who has no idea sadly. I think JW will know himself that there is little chance of him turning this around.

On 5 October 2018 at 18:51, victormeldrew said:

Forget all this " THE POINTS CRUNCHERS" nonsense.  EastFife are only 4 points ahead of us and have scored just 1 more goal than us. After game 5 they were bottom of the league. Bring it on.

IMO the best we have played so far this season was against Stenhousmuir when we played the game at a high tempo.Based on that side I would go with the following.

McCallum.

Meechan. Whyte. Wilson. Malone.

Bain. Hill. Mackintosh. Coupe.

Moore. Baird.

Took a fair bit of stick for the above selection but only Moore failed to make it onto the pitch. Switch  Aitken for Moore , play in the positions as above and we might have made a game of it. 

Would all Easton fans please tell me what he achieved in his 70 mins on the park?

After the Bollan fiasco Jim Weir has been given an easy ride. IMO he has 9 games to prove himself otherwise he has to go. 

5 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

Took a fair bit of stick for the above selection but only Moore failed to make it onto the pitch. Switch  Aitken for Moore , play in the positions as above and we might have made a game of it. 

Would all Easton fans please tell me what he achieved in his 70 mins on the park?

After the Bollan fiasco Jim Weir has been given an easy ride. IMO he has 9 games to prove himself otherwise he has to go. 

What is this nonsense? You nearly called the team right and look at the shambles it was.

Easton was on the ball about five times. He's totally wasted out hugging the touchline.

Archived