Championship TV Deal

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, now I'm back at home after three days 'on the road' and have read the thing properly, it says "20 games over 2 years" and £7k per year. Which is consistent with what I'd been told before, that every club would be shown at home only once per season. £7k benefit will cover any losses from that in at least 9 cases out of 10. Granny Danger can claim Dundee United are the exception if he likes.

It only covers loses based on your 'a few hundred' plucked out of thin air figure of non-attendance. If any of the bigger games are picked(which would presumably be desirable to BBC) then his figure of 1000 is far more accurate.

I am at a bit of a loss here.

Does anyone have the full attendances loses over the past few years for Friday night games.

I remember attending Partick v Ton one off the first Friday games and they had a bumper crowd.

Friday night should work if away travel is not overdemanding as majority of supporters are men. Family balance night-out at the game, out with the kids to Burger King Saturday let wife loose at Silverburn winner all round.

34 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

I am at a bit of a loss here.

Does anyone have the full attendances loses over the past few years for Friday night games.

I remember attending Partick v Ton one off the first Friday games and they had a bumper crowd.

Friday night should work if away travel is not overdemanding as majority of supporters are men. Family balance night-out at the game, out with the kids to Burger King Saturday let wife loose at Silverburn winner all round.

That game at Partick wasn’t on TV though, was moved as an experiment to see if it could attract a bigger crowd, was very well marketed and Morton were top of the league at the time so brought a big support.

A game being on English language terristrial TV, and looked upon like any other run of the mill league game wouldn’t necessarily be such an attractive proposition.

That game at Partick wasn’t on TV though, was moved as an experiment to see if it could attract a bigger crowd, was very well marketed and Morton were top of the league at the time so brought a big support.
A game being on English language terristrial TV, and looked upon like any other run of the mill league game wouldn’t necessarily be such an attractive proposition.
Wasn't it nearly seen as a league decider? 3 am on the moon would still have attracted fans to that.

18 minutes ago, parsforlife said:
44 minutes ago, Toby said:

Wasn't it nearly seen as a league decider? 3 am on the moon would still have attracted fans to that.

No, the Friday night game he was talking about was in September 2011. The league decider (it wasn’t really, Partick weren’t going to blow it at that point) was in April 2013 and was a Wednesday night, not a Friday.

On 04/10/2018 at 13:04, Skyline Drifter said:

Actually, now I'm back at home after three days 'on the road' and have read the thing properly, it says "20 games over 2 years" and £7k per year. Which is consistent with what I'd been told before, that every club would be shown at home only once per season. £7k benefit will cover any losses from that in at least 9 cases out of 10. Granny Danger can claim Dundee United are the exception if he likes.

Surely the money is distributed according to the SPFL's revenue distribution model, which for Championship clubs is:

1st 2.25%

2nd 1.9%

3rd 1.6%

4th 1.3%

5th 1%

6th 0.9%

7th 0.85%

8th 0.8%

9th 0.75%

10th 0.7%

On 02/10/2018 at 22:32, D.A.F.C said:

A Monday night highlights show would be preferable to occasional alba game on a Friday imo.

It was pretty insulting to see it covered only when rangers were relegated. All of my favourite memories of watching Dunfermline have been in the second tier. It’s the best league in Scotland and has been since the 1980s.

Some of the end of season dramas have been outstanding and deserved live games. i.e. the biggest fife derby ever with a 11,000 crowd. Not even highlights ffs.

Rangers were not relegated.

Archived