Progressive politics

8 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

1_Clapping-3JPG.jpg

"This Union resolves: to swap audible clapping out for BSL....".  The union itself described BSL as jazz hands in the resolution.

The usual 'Progressive' totalitarianism in full flow.

If only someone had been warning about this for the last half decade :angry: 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, banana said:

The usual 'Progressive' totalitarianism in full flow.

"Pwease dont clap and pwease dont call it jazz hands" ------> "totalitarianism" = broflake over reaction. Clowns to the left of me, clowns to the right. 

I can see why they're reluctant to call it jazz hands, sounds like wanking or unwelcome groping to me. Who gives a f**k though, if people who get freaked out by loud noises are put off getting involved, why should anyone get offended by being asked not to clap? Apart from the blind of course, they won't know what the f**k's going on.

It literally says "jazz hands" in the motion passed. I posted the motion. 

Not only is the whole issue the usual narcissistic trivialities of NUS sabbatical officers; they are now complaining about the press using the term they used in their own motion. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Explain?

Apparently it is sexist to have the word "man" in the word "woman".  Recently, someone decided that womyn should be the new spelling. Now someone else decided it should be womxn. I got a bit lost after that. 

i thought that p&b might be able to solve this issue definitively.

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Apparently it is sexist to have the word "man" in the word "woman".  Recently, someone decided that womyn should be the new spelling. Now someone else decided it should be womxn. I got a bit lost after that. 

Stop the world, I'm getting off

8 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

It literally says "jazz hands" in the motion passed. I posted the motion. 

Not only is the whole issue the usual narcissistic trivialities of NUS sabbatical officers; they are now complaining about the press using the term they used in their own motion. 

Where are they complaining about the press using the term "jazz hands"? All I've seen is them complaining about being accused of banning clapping, which they haven't.

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I don't understand.  Would it still be pronounced "woman"?  If so, whats the point?

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Where are they complaining about the press using the term "jazz hands"? 

I can see why they're reluctant to call it jazz hands,

In the spirit of not making loud noises....

r8GV6.gif

9 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Recently, someone decided that womyn should be the new spelling. Now someone else decided it should be womxn. I got a bit lost after that

Not recent, this is a decades old narcissistic feminist tantrum rearing its ugly head again.

All you need to understand fundamentally is that something new will always be discovered/manufactured by Feminism to keep the demented 'oppression of women' narrative gravy train rolling.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I don't understand.  Would it still be pronounced "woman"?  If so, whats the point?

since when have women required a point before starting an argument. Anyway, you are an oppressive patriarchalist (probably) and need to check your male privilege before commenting on lady things.

3 hours ago, banana said:

Not recent, this is a decades old narcissistic feminist tantrum rearing its ugly head again.

All you need to understand fundamentally is that something new will always be discovered/manufactured by Feminism to keep the demented 'oppression of women' narrative gravy train rolling.

From now on I am calling them womxn, no other reason than to annoy the broflakes. 

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

https://areomagazine.com/2018/10/02/academic-grievance-studies-and-the-corruption-of-scholarship/

this seems relevant. i haven't read it all and don't endorse it. i want to know what's been accepted and where. I am also wary of the double bluff hoax.  I have been drinking strong belgian ale so f**k knows. 

Somehow I don't think the Frankfurt School's legacy is going to be too affected by this.

Archived