• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Really need another convincing win like earlier this season 

Could argue the cup game has been our only very good performance this season 

Knives are out, we really lack cutting edge at the moment 

2-0, maybe 

We appear still to be struggling on the road, so routine home win should be on the cards. Must admit I'd not realised there was unrest at Pittodrie. Maybe because I've been averting my eyes from the league table :(

13 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We appear still to be struggling on the road, so routine home win should be on the cards. Must admit I'd not realised there was unrest at Pittodrie. Maybe because I've been averting my eyes from the league table :(

There’s maybe unrest in Frank’s mind, but far too early for that rubbish for me. 

I think we will win, but not as convincingly or as easily as we did in August. St Mirren looked like they had packed it in completely during that game, and, although they haven't won yet under Kearney, there is no way that they will be that bad again. 

Ferguson is scheduled to be fit, which is a bonus as we can't afford to rely on Mackay-Steven, as good as he has been in recent months, to be virtually our only creative threat from midfield. I like Ball and Shinnie individually, and they both played reasonably well at Parkhead, but there is perhaps a lack of guile and composure in that central midfield pairing.

Anyway, we need to win this. It would be nice to see a better performance than some of what has been churned out so far this season, but the points are the most important thing - I wouldn't want to be going into the international break, with big games against Hearts and Rangers to follow, by dropping points at home. 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

I think we will win, but not as convincingly or as easily as we did in August. St Mirren looked like they had packed it in completely during that game, and, although they haven't won yet under Kearney, there is no way that they will be that bad again. 

Ferguson is scheduled to be fit, which is a bonus as we can't afford to rely on Mackay-Steven, as good as he has been in recent months, to be virtually our only creative threat from midfield. I like Ball and Shinnie individually, and they both played reasonably well at Parkhead, but there is perhaps a lack of guile and composure in that central midfield pairing.

Anyway, we need to win this. It would be nice to see a better performance than some of what has been churned out so far this season, but the points are the most important thing - I wouldn't want to be going into the international break, with big games against Hearts and Rangers to follow, by dropping points at home. 

There is green shoots from us and Oran is working on using what's left of last season's team and building a new team around them but it's going to take time what a shambles Stubbs left. My worry is midfield it lacks steel at the moment. Can't see anything other than a Dons win . 

We need to hold onto the shirt tails of Dundee , Hamilton and maybe 'Well until January , it's a big ask for Oran with the mess that Stubbs has left. If McGugan and Hamill are up for it in training , and show up well in a bounce game later in the week , chances are they'll be added to the squad. Can't see anything other than an Aberdeen win though , maybe a wee bit tighter than a few weeks ago !

15 hours ago, billyg said:

We need to hold onto the shirt tails of Dundee , Hamilton and maybe 'Well until January , it's a big ask for Oran with the mess that Stubbs has left. If McGugan and Hamill are up for it in training , and show up well in a bounce game later in the week , chances are they'll be added to the squad. Can't see anything other than an Aberdeen win though , maybe a wee bit tighter than a few weeks ago !

Looks like Adam Hamill will play on Saturday . Team slowly getting stronger. 

There will certainly be some panic setting in with some fans if we fail to get 3 points. 

Such is the way of the football fan that we get carried away with a run of wins or a run of bad results. I'll be worried if we are still in 7th going into December. 

We should be confident going into a game against the 2nd bottom of the league. So why aren't we?

The type of fixture AFC have generally been good at winning during the McInnes era.

There have been signs that things are getting better for us in recent weeks, with McKenna/Devlin restored, Wilson getting up to speed, Ferguson hopefully returning and GMS displaying consistency - still a way to go, but we need these three points to set us up for the Tynecastle fixture hopefully not too far behind.

That's three weeks and three signings Ferdinand, Jackson and Hamill confirmed all are fantastic signings add in Jamieson promoted to first team duties things are starting to look a whole lot better. Would love to see Jackson and Jamieson start up front on Saturday they could pose a real handful. 

Cannot see St Mirren being as bad as they were in the cup game but Dons should still be able to see out a comfortable home victory. With McKenna suspended would expect Considine to move into the middle with Devlin and Lowe in at left back. If Ferguson is fit would play him in middle with Shinnie in place of Ball. Would like to see up stick with 2 up top of Wilson and May. 

Red TV or whatever it's called doesn't seem to let you pay for just one game? Is that right, would I need to pay for a month's subscription?

Seems a bit self defeating as surely far fewer away fans are likely to pay £12 to watch one game online?

As for the game; I'd bite your hand off for a point, I'd be content with a goal and a spirited performance,

Archived