Why do Rangers think ‘It’s all about them’?

Serious post. I see this all over the football sites, even a Liverpool one.

So, what’s behind this curious belief?

Is it really all about them?

Or is this the last resort of a team that hasn’t nothing else to shout about.

I remember a few years back I was at the Fubar in Stirling.

There was this fat munter of a woman standing at the bar, wearing ill fitting tight clothes. You know the type.

Everyone was having a chuckle at her as she was a mess, giving it Charlie Big Bananas to all the guys.

She was of the belief that we all wanted “a piece” of her although we didn’t, mind you there was enough to go round everyone twice, women included.

After a while she got more irate and started getting lippy with a few guys saying they wish they could have a shot of her.

”It’s all about me” she said loudly to one and all.

Heard that somewhere before.

There was this fat munter of a woman standing at the bar, wearing ill fitting tight clothes. You know the type.
Everyone was having a chuckle at her as she was a mess, giving it Charlie Big Bananas to all the guys.
She was of the belief that we all wanted “a piece” of her although we didn’t, mind you there was enough to go round everyone twice, women included.
After a while she got more irate and started getting lippy with a few guys saying they wish they could have a shot of her.

That was yer maw.

I've always wondered why with a straight face they can claim to be the most successful club in the world without ever getting a sniff at winning the big one.

How deluded must they be to think they have achieved more than the likes of Real Madrid?

5 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

^^^^ fucked the fat munter and is now feeling remorseful type post

Is the answer something to do with massive c***s?

It all stems from the 9IAR days of the 80's and 90's.  Guys my age (33) and and above who support Rangers were so used to winning it hurts them like f**k when they see what their (new) club is now.

It's like a 9 year old being told they cant get a go on their PS4 the night because they've misbehaved all day.  Just lashing out verbally and physically at anyone and everyone who crosses their path.

They believe that no-one likes them, and proclaim not to care, yet the give every appearance at caring enormously what everyone else thinks of them.

It's almost like the successes of a sports club onto which they choose to project a mix of ethno-nationalist mythology is the major source of self-esteem in their lives, which are otherwise hauntingly devoid of meaning.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Why is it all about Rangers, as he starts a thread making it all about Rangers.

This was my thoughts too.

"I'll show them its not all about Rangers by making a thread about them"

It sort of is... they keep going from one disaster to another everyone is talking about them. It’s like borat, folk talk about him because of the outlandish stuff he got up

When Gretna went bust no one really blinked an eye, but the clusterfuck that is rangers/sevco has got fans from all clubs in the old firm sub forum just to have a laugh at the latest comic episode. Should really rename the sub forum as Celtic rarely get a mention nowadays.

The fact the football authorities in this country did all they could to keep them in the top league and promote the same club myth only feeds into their superiority complex.

1 hour ago, 212-555-HAIR said:

I think it's because they are The People. 

Anyone have any clue what that actually means? 

I thought it came from a Rangers' song, a line of which is "We are the people who follow the boys in blue".

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Why is it all about Rangers, as he starts a thread making it all about Rangers.

Not often you deserve a greenie for making a perfectly valid observation bennett.

And that continues from me.

Good point well made though.

2 hours ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Not quite, but nice try dingbat.

Nah, Bennett's spot on here.

An absurd idea for a thread, started with a wildly ironic and frankly disturbing post.

There really is only one thing worse than a Rangers supporting walloper.

7 hours ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Did you get her phone number?

Asking for a friend.

Archived