Motherwell v Livingston Sat 6th October

Livi win is my prediction.

We really do need to change the 3 5 2 shite.

I also agree with Desp, that season was a big pile of utter shite. a few wee glitter pieces in the jobby.

only real reason I can see anyone enjoying it was due to Faddy having a belter before leaving

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I think the only question (fitness aside) is whether Lawless will start. Great player offensively but struggled at times against Rangers hence an apparent formation change. 

I personally wouldn't change anything. 

Lawless doesn't try against Rangers.

36 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Lawless doesn't try against Rangers.

He certainly did against Hamilton (including celebrating his goal in front of them).

I assume there's some old rivalry there?

Also he did okay against THE rangers but it seems it takes too long for him to get to his top speed hence he's not great defensively. Attacking down the wing or given time on the ball and I've actually been pretty impressed - which came as a surprise as he wasn't exactly  "stand-out" in a poor Partick side during the play-offs.

On 02/10/2018 at 08:50, Desp said:

Notice Robinson saying he has been too loyal to certain players.  He's been too loyal to the fucking formation.  3-5-2 doesn't work with the players we have available.  It did last year, it doesn't this.  The longer we persist with it, the longer we'll be in trouble. 

Even last season it’s effectiveness seemed to ware off somewhat after the League Cup final to be honest.

However with Robinson’s- we’ll just have to work harder and worry about the quality later chat post match on Saturday, I can’t see us really trying anything new here.

Which is a worry, cause if we spend all game shelling high, hopeful balls forward at that Livingston back 3 they’ll stroll to yet another clean sheet. 

I’m genuinely intrigued though to see who he was referring to with regards to being too loyal, will be interesting to see who’s getting dropped along with Bigi.  

19 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Strapped in for 90 minutes of hoof ball up to the baldy brothers while Livi heider everything into oblivion.

I'm not sure if it was the same 1-0 to Livi game mentioned earlier in the thread (2002/03 season) but I remember being at Almondvale when our tactic was simply launching the ball up to the striker (might have been Dirk Lehmann).  Big Marvin Andrews headed fucking everything that day.  I was an absolute seething mess by about the 33rd minute as we aimed ball after ball at big Marv's napper.

Marvin Andrews absolutely strolled every game he played against us for Livingston so that could have been any game in fairness. I don't think he ever played in a side that lost against us (he didn't play in the 6-2 game in May '03) for either Livingston or Rangers. As you said, our hoofball approach was meat and drink to him.

Listening to Robinson pre-match press stuff, anyone else reckon we’ll see McHugh back in midfield today?

Just with all this chat about getting back to the team we were and players playing in their best positions etc. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him stepping forward and one of Aldred/Hartley moving back into the middle of the back 3.

If I was a betting man and I am, reckon we’ll see ATS, Bigi and Grimshaw dropped today for Hartley, Rose and Campbell.

Listening to Robinson pre-match press stuff, anyone else reckon we’ll see McHugh back in midfield today?
Just with all this chat about getting back to the team we were and players playing in their best positions etc. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him stepping forward and one of Aldred/Hartley moving back into the middle of the back 3.
If I was a betting man and I am, reckon we’ll see ATS, Bigi and Grimshaw dropped today for Hartley, Rose and Campbell.

Yeah, I think that’s exactly what will happen.

McHugh has probably been the best of the 3 at the back so far this season but after the way that Killie strolled through our midfield to run straight at the back 3 last week I wouldn’t be against McHugh moving back in there.

I don’t know who’d be the other CB though? Donnelly most likely or maybe Mbulu if he has a bit of pace about him to play the Dunne role.

Abroad and so missing this - but my opinion on the team is that if we go a goal down, we'll have nothing to break down a decent defence - it's the type of team we should be picking against the OF, not for a game where we would hope to dominate possession. If we can get our noses in front, different story obviously...

2 hours ago, Casagolda said:

That's exactly what's happened.

Archived