Motherwell v Livingston Sat 6th October

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay - talking points 

The Livi goal shouldn't have been disallowed; if anything Dolly is fouled by being pushed into the defender and then back into the goalkeeper but them's the breaks

The Motherwell penalty appeal wasn't; Gallagher's arm was by his body and not in an unnatural position; you only get those if you're the old firm playing at home.

McHugh should have walked for his deliberate elbow on Gallagher; that being said Gallagher is well used to it as he got elbowed by Morelos at least three times a week ago and nothing got awarded but then they weren't as blatant and on the blind side of the referee.

Jacobs goal was probably worth the journey alone.

Some of our players were significantly off the pace; Lawless in particular wasn't his normal self but then again Pittman seemed a little subdued.

The Motherwell manager seemed to have done his homework trying to exploit our weaker right side but not enough so as to warrant changing to a flat four; also it seemed that the players tried to limit any attacking moves to playing the ball on the ground rather than in the air where we managed to mop everything up. Strange though that this strategy, which seemed to be working in parts, was abandoned after about half an hour.

Motherwell tackling was hard but you never got the feeling they were trying to injure anyone (McHugh apart); they managed to break up the game but without my personnel pet hat of conceding a free kick and then running away with the ball or standing right over the ball to stop a quick free kick being taken. I appreciate that's all part of the modern game but some sides take it to extremes.

Gallagher's booking was stupid; he had no need to go grab hold of the guy in their area, particularly when half the team were behind him. He's been picking up a few silly yellows which may appear costly later in the season.

Willy Collum is a grade one; self important; incompetently confused; narcissistic pr#ck. Just my personal opinion of course. At no stage of the game did I really feel he was in control.

Quite liked the Motherwell ground, the south stand looks really quite impressive. Found the fact that, the area we were sitting in, the seats lacked any backs was a bit odd particularly as it was the only part of the stadium to be like that. Stewards and servery staff were friendly and helpful.

Steak pies were almost as good as ours.

Motherwell fans I met were pretty sound although quite a few were disappointed (AKA angry) by their own team's performance. That being said the performance was filled with errors and confusing tactics but I don't think anyone can really criticise the players effort. Battling like that I have no doubt they will be safe from the relegation area.

Found the fact that a group of our boys were singing "what a sh#tty home support" to be quite ironic but must admit it was one of the quietest home crowds I've seen for a while.

Can't argue with any of that Durnford - a fair and good summary.

As for the noise of the home crowd, or lack there of, there isn't anything to cheer at the moment unfortunately.  There were a few moans and groans due to the style of play, and I'm actually surprised it wasn't louder given how shite it was. 

Based on the few times I've seen Livingston this season, they will be absolutely fine and should be comfortably away from the relegation/playoff zone.  Which will be a remarkable achievement following back to back promotions.  Gary Holt seems like a good guy as well.

Came away from the game on Saturday feeling disappointed to not have all three points. Bit scrappy at times and we weren't as good as the previous week v rangers. Think we were unlucky not to have got the first goal which was ruled a foul - total nonsense! 1-1 a decent result for us but shows how far we have come that a draw away to Motherwell feels a bit flat...

Can't argue with any of that Durnford - a fair and good summary.
As for the noise of the home crowd, or lack there of, there isn't anything to cheer at the moment unfortunately.  There were a few moans and groans due to the style of play, and I'm actually surprised it wasn't louder given how shite it was. 
Based on the few times I've seen Livingston this season, they will be absolutely fine and should be comfortably away from the relegation/playoff zone.  Which will be a remarkable achievement following back to back promotions.  Gary Holt seems like a good guy as well.
It never helps the atmosphere when the away fans are up in the corner of the away stand. It was was a disappointing decision as livi brought almost as many fans as Hamilton would have in the South stand.

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Willy Collum is a grade one; self important; incompetently confused; narcissistic pr#ck. Just my personal opinion of course. At no stage of the game did I really feel he was in control.

Did you see him putting a hand on Dolly's arm indicating he wanted Dolly to follow him over  so he could have a word with him about a tackle, Dolly goes over and touched Collum's arm/side getting his attention. Collum jumps back and has a startled look on his face as if Dolly had just cupped his testicles, what a pillock. Actually thought Collum was going to run and get the police and charge Dolly with attacking him when I saw his reaction.

Archived