Motherwell v Livingston Sat 6th October

So we are now on a start of an easier run of games.  Well that was the theory really.  Livingston have proved that they deserved their promotion and are making a mockery of the prediction of certain relegation candidates.  Add to that the fact they have 10 more points than us having effectively played the same teams absolutely puts paid to our stance that we have had a difficult start to the season in terms of fixtures. All that said we are at home and we have beaten Livi already albeit when Kenny Miller was in charge. 

I am far from confident and we will need to see a HUGE improvement in effort from the players chosen to play on Sat.  Hopefully Hartley and Rose are fit to start and I fully expect Bigi to be on the bench. We also need to see an end to soft goals conceded. 

I would almost take a point but the reality is we could really do with all 3.  Not that it has worked last 2 games but we could do with getting the 1st goal, otherwise Livi look like they could get the Cigars out and walk away with 3 points.

Fun times...……...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone got a price on a Livi win with both teams to score?  #printingmoney

Also, see they are giving away a couple of thousand free tickets for this one.  All 'Well Society members and Season Ticket holders can claim a free ticket for a friend (or someone they really don't like).

Could be a bit of a selection headache for Holt with Hardie and Sibbs back fit however I can't see him changing the side that's performed so well recently.

Same starting 11 with Hardie to come off the bench when Menga inevitably runs himself into the ground. I fancy us to sneak another 1-0 which will set us up nicely going into what looks like a decent run of games for us.

When you’re as desperate for a win as we are, Livingston aren’t the type of team you want to be playing. The morons in our support will expect an easy home win when the reality is Livi are a team well suited to playing away and they don’t concede many goals.

I’d guess a one nil away win but maybe we’ll get some sort of reaction from Saturday’s shitshow.

I honestly think this will be a tougher game than the Rangers game, They will stand up to our style much better and not hide from the battle that we like to make it. 

I know Robinson watched us quite a lot last season so he’ll know exactly what to expect, it all comes down to one thing though, who wins the battle will win the game. 

The more points we put on the table at this early stage the better, as the season goes on injuries, suspensions and fatigue will come into play, my target is still to avoid the drop regardless of how well we’ve started.

Saying that this is one of the away games I would’ve been targeting to win before the season started, nothing has really changed, I’d take a point to continue this good run but no reason we cant win this one. 

Same team for the fifth game running, no doubt about it. 

Like Andy I'd expect us to name the same team yet again, even with Hardie (and Sibbald) back you can hardly justify dropping anyone, even when we're not playing any natural strikers. Looked like Menga had something strapped to his leg yesterday (ice pack or something like that) and seemed to be limping a bit too, imagine he'll be fine for this but if not then it's a perfect time for Hardie and Sibbald to be fit.

Think this will be a lot harder than yesterday's game, Motherwell won't expect to just show up and win for starters. Despite our great start they'll still be seeing us as a team they should be beating, but more of a being up for it way than an arrogant way. 

Just looked back at our team for the cup game, Lithgow and Jacobs were unused subs.    Ljsl9nQ.png&key=fb14d0feafbd546436fd42a8

The Celtic. Killie and Motherwell games are 3 i'm a bit pissed off at with Miller in charge, we'll be a lot better than in those games but you can't take anything for granted in this league, as Hearts and Sevco just found out playing us. Motherwell also had a cracking game against Sevco and got cheated out of a draw against Hearts when their keeper was fouled and Naismith scored so they are no pushovers. 

A draw would be decent after the haul we had last month but i'm a greedy fecker and want this run to keep going so really wanting a win here, isn't going to be easy though.

9 hours ago, Desp said:

Anyone got a price on a Livi win with both teams to score?  #printingmoney

Also, see they are giving away a couple of thousand free tickets for this one.  All 'Well Society members and Season Ticket holders can claim a free ticket for a friend (or someone they really don't like).

We've just registered our fourth straight clean sheet :D and conceded one in 6 

I was impressed with Motherwell when we played them in the cup and surprised by their poor results in the league thereafter. It will be a very different game this time round as we're no longer playing 4-4-1-Kenny but I still expect a tough match. Would take a draw.

I saw Livingston a couple of times last season and predicted they would do well this season.  Although I didn't think they would do quite as well.

Livingston have a functioning midfield unlike ourselves, I really like Pittman and Jacobs, and while I've only seen Menga in highlights he looks a handful.

If Livingston were to take the lead I can't see us getting back into it and I could also see some unrest among the support who'll look at Livingston as an 'easy' game despite the evidence to the contrary.  You also feel like losing 6 out of 8 is going to be getting towards, if not beyond, fans tolerance.

It's going to be a tough match and given Robinson's after match comments at the weekend it will be interesting to see what the line up is.  Hopefully Campbell will return otherwise I can see us getting steamrollered in the middle.

Notice Robinson saying he has been too loyal to certain players.  He's been too loyal to the fucking formation.  3-5-2 doesn't work with the players we have available.  It did last year, it doesn't this.  The longer we persist with it, the longer we'll be in trouble. 

I have never been able to predict the result of a game with Motherwell; they've always managed to give us a tough game no matter the circumstances. 

Was it the 2002/2003 season when we played them at home for the opening game of the season and were, I think three  nil up at half time. Within about quarter of an hour of the restart its 3-2 and Fadden is tearing us a new one.

Mystifyingly we walked out 5- 1 winners a couple of months later at Fir Park and yet they were virtually the same team although the final game of the season was a 6-2 victory to Motherwell.

If anyone can predict what'll happen on Saturday can they also pm me the lottery numbers for tonight?

29 minutes ago, Durnford said:

the final game of the season was a 6-2 victory to Motherwell.

Wasn't that when we were still uncertain of whether we'd be relegated or whether truth and justice would prevail re Falkirk's substandard stadium? As I recall we threw out a young team with a "what the hell" attitude and demolished your fine selves. It was quite a surreal match.

Archived