The Stephen Dobbie Fan Club

Thank you.
I’m not advocating a call up for either, apart from exceptional cases the jump in standard is too much, but there is a precedent for lower league players being called up if the manager deems them fit for purpose or thinks they have the potential to be.
That precedent actually goes some way to showing why it will never happen for either guy while they are playing in this league. That those examples exist show you the difference in how the likes our clubs are viewed.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

We've been dreadful for years so it's not as if we would be any worse off giving alternative players a game.

really hate when people come out with complete and utter bollocks like this. We could get far, far worse than we have been.

Giving Championship players a game isn’t the way forward, it’s the way to get us closer to the San Marino’s of this world.

really hate when people come out with complete and utter bollocks like this. We could get far, far worse than we have been.
Giving Championship players a game isn’t the way forward, it’s the way to get us closer to the San Marino’s of this world.
We haven't come close to qualifying since Bertie(?) was in charge. We rarely look like we'll qualify. I don't bother with Scotland much now because it's the same shite year on year. We pick the best we have going by what side or division they're in and we are dross. I'd love a manger to come in and mix it up a bit with one or two unorthodox selections. Players with the attitude of Griffiths boil my piss as well and there have been plenty of him in the past which is another reason I struggle to get behind them. I'd sooner support a player with less quality but who actually wants to put the jersey on.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We haven't come close to qualifying since Bertie(?) was in charge. We rarely look like we'll qualify. I don't bother with Scotland much now because it's the same shite year on year. We pick the best we have going by what side or division they're in and we are dross. I'd love a manger to come in and mix it up a bit with one or two unorthodox selections. Players with the attitude of Griffiths boil my piss as well and there have been plenty of him in the past which is another reason I struggle to get behind them. I'd sooner support a player with less quality but who actually wants to put the jersey on.

Can I just confirm that you’re happy to backtrack on the absolute nonsense “we can’t get any worse” patter from the last quote?

Can I just confirm that you’re happy to backtrack on the absolute nonsense “we can’t get any worse” patter from the last quote?
I'll reword it: We can obviously get a lot worse than we are. We could pick 11 players from the highlight league. "A lot worse" in terms of my discussion is that we haven't been close to qualifying so we can't do much worse in terms of achievements.

6 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

For you to suggest that scoring goals in the Championship is the same as scoring goals at any other level is laughable too.

“But but but the goals are the same size”.

ETA - I’d love to have Dobbie at Kilmarnock. Definitely would have pre-SSC but, despite how good a player he is, he would be sitting on our bench next to Boyd.

Dobbie’s record in the Championship certainly puts Boyd’s record at that level  with Sevco in the shade.

Kris Boyd, 2014-15: Championship appearances 29 - goals 3 :lol:

Can’t believe some Queens fans want him to get called up. Don’t you realise we’ve an important cup tie against East Fife on Saturday? Our best chance of winning silverware in our centenary season? [emoji6]

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I think Dobbie is fully aware of the limitations of the level he is at and signed a new deal anyway. That tells me he is happy despite daft Scotland talk, because if he craved a callup, all he has to do is lift the phone to at least 6 of the 12 Premier clubs and perform there. He didnt though. He is enjoying the tail end of his career for what it is. Everyone else shpuld do the same.

Sense.

10 hours ago, Frankie S said:

Dobbie’s record in the Championship certainly puts Boyd’s record at that level  with Sevco in the shade.

Kris Boyd, 2014-15: Championship appearances 29 - goals 3 :lol:

Big Boydy was just fucking over the Sevco which I'm sure we can all get behind.

Thank God Dobbie wasn't picked for the Scotland squad. That complete and utter shambles of a set-up would have drained any confidence he may have built up over the last couple of months.

Is this confirmation of his mental weakness? That would explain why he’s happy to play at such a dreadful level.

• 4 weeks later...

I for one am shocked at the lack of updates in this thread after Dobbie came up against some half-decent sides, proved ineffective and his team got turned over and punted back into midtable mediocrity yet again. #flattrackbully

I for one am shocked at the lack of updates in this thread after Dobbie came up against some half-decent sides, proved ineffective and his team got turned over and punted back into midtable mediocrity yet again. #flattrackbully

Hmm it’s almost as if he’s not the best striker in the league...

IMG_2697.jpg

Archived