The Stephen Dobbie Fan Club

If Dobbie hadn't come back to us a couple of years ago, he would still, by quite a distance, be the best performer I've ever seen in a Queens shirt, and I go back four decades or so.

The fact that he did was obviously initially exhilarating, but given that his latest club had been Fleetwood, I really did fear that his time had passed and the existing picture might be sullied. 

What he's done since has been fantastic.  I do actually think there's something in the 'flat track bully' line.  He certainly makes inept defenders look ridiculous.  I'll live with it though.   He's an easy player to love - an attacker who's free scoring and who relies on artistry.  We'll not see his likes again.  

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If Dobbie hadn't come back to us a couple of years ago, he would still, by quite a distance, be the best performer I've ever seen in a Queens shirt, and I go back four decades or so. 

This.

7 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He's an easy player to love - an attacker who's free scoring and who relies on artistry.  We'll not see his likes again.  

And this.

He may go through the occasional dry spell (only notable because he is so prolific) but you only need to look at the video DD posted above to remember that no matter what shape he's in he has always delivered for Queens. As you mention the numbers are perhaps only half of it, the way he scores goals is something else.

If he scores one or two today, and one of the scotland strikers gets injured, will he get a trip to Israel on thursday. McCleish could certainly do alot worse. 

That ship has long sailed. The only recent call ups from the lower leagues I can think of are Lee Wallace and Ian Black (lol). And that had zero to do with their ability, and a lot to do with the club they played with.

As he says himself his best chance was when he was at Swansea.

Whilst it would be great for him to get the recognition he deserves with a cap, I’d selfishly rather he didn’t get called up as he’d be at risk of picking up an injury. I also have as much interest in this current Scotland regime as I do in equestrianism.

2 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

That ship has long sailed. The only recent call ups from the lower leagues I can think of are Lee Wallace and Ian Black (lol). And that had zero to do with their ability, and a lot to do with the club they played with.

As he says himself his best chance was when he was at Swansea.

Whilst it would be great for him to get the recognition he deserves with a cap, I’d selfishly rather he didn’t get called up as he’d be at risk of picking up an injury. I also have as much interest in this current Scotland regime as I do in equestrianism.

Neigh way. 

Archived