The Stephen Dobbie Fan Club

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in. 

He’s just a quality footballer and it goes far beyond his goals tally.  His work rate, ability to find space, his range of passing and the way he drives his team on is superb.

Seems like a good guy too.

If you think it is in any way possible to like an opposition player, then I fail to see why you wouldnt like Dobbie.

I wish he would leave us the f**k alone, but aye, an absolute top boi and the precise model of what every fan at our level dreams about every summer. An ageing talisman who loves your club and wants to give it the last of his career.

I was sat behind the away dugout on Saturday, only about 30 feet from where he was playing, and by fuck, his touch and movement is unparalleled in this division.  That free kick he hit too was moving all over the gaff and nearly split the crossbar in two.

I always get a little teary when he scores and every time acknowledges the fans home or away. He genuinely seems to love the club and the fans and we love him in return. With all the negativity that has afflicted the club of recent times he has been the symbol of hope and positivity. My favourite football player both spells. 

His wife is on Twitter and was talking about him. I tried to get her to persuade him to move up a division for a season or two. No joy. 

Hat trick incoming.

He's some player at this level and by all accounts a model pro, by the way he plays and also by the way that nobody that has played with him or coached him seems to have a bad word to say about him. 

I must admit it's a bit of a worry that he scored against United a few weeks ago.

Dobbie failed to score in over 88% of matches played against the Top 5 sides in the second tier last season.

Brechin, Dumbarton, etc, fans must get the fear when they see him though.

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I must admit it's a bit of a worry that he scored against United a few weeks ago.

Dobbie failed to score in over 88% of matches played against the Top 5 sides in the second tier last season.

Brechin, Dumbarton, etc, fans must get the fear when they see him though.

This.

A fucking coward unwilling to really test himself.

I can understand why fans of his club get all teary eyed but let’s get a wee bit of context here.

Archived