The Stephen Dobbie Fan Club

Dobbie and Shankland have scored a combined 42 goals this season in all comps, all of which were scored against much better opposition that you’d find in an amateur league. For you to suggest that the Championship isn’t that much better than the amateurs is laughable.

For you to suggest that scoring goals in the Championship is the same as scoring goals at any other level is laughable too.

“But but but the goals are the same size”.

ETA - I’d love to have Dobbie at Kilmarnock. Definitely would have pre-SSC but, despite how good a player he is, he would be sitting on our bench next to Boyd.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dobbie and Shankland is a fucking awful shout. I have said my piece on Dobbie. Full of admiration for him and what he is doing, but what he is doing has removed any chance of a Scotland call. Thats his choice and he is clearly happy to live by it.

Shankland, well he simply needs to move up a level and do it there to get a call up. Not beyond the realms of possibility, but come on tae f**k.

Fantasy stuff to consider a Scottish Championship player for the national team.

Would a friendly with Shankland and Dobbie up front really be such a bad idea? Our national team is utter horseshit and when you get our supposed best players refusing to travel because they "want to work on their fitness" I would be more than happy giving different players a shot.

We've been dreadful for years so it's not as if we would be any worse off giving alternative players a game.

59 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fantasy stuff to consider a Scottish Championship player for the national team.

Tend to agree in the case of a 30 something who has never played for Scotland before and currently plays for Queen of the South. However it certainly isnt unheard of for Championship players to play for Scotland. John McGinn did so very recently and a couple of Rangers players were also selected when down here. If you want to go back far enough the likes of Billy McKinlay played for Scotland while Dundee United were in the old 1st Division too.

Archived