The Stephen Dobbie Fan Club

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

He's here for at least another 18 months  :wub:

DpFOU8AXoAcpy8I.jpg

Excellent news.

I was trying to read what his contract actually says, but couldn’t quite make it out. Suspect it may be just a bit of paper for the photo opportunity!

9 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

Excellent news.

I was trying to read what his contract actually says, but couldn’t quite make it out. Suspect it may be just a bit of paper for the photo opportunity!

Can assure you its definitely the genuine contract. Nothing of importance on the two pages you can actually see though, other than his signature! 

I listened to his Open Goal interview with Simon Ferry last night. Decent listen.

I remember him being dangerous the first time round with QotS and going to the games thinking we'd be alright if we can him quiet, but he's on a different planet than the rest of the division this year. Genuinely looking forward to QotS coming to East End Park a week on Saturday just to see him play.

McCall was on Sportsound saying either Dobbie or Shankland would be worth a call up to the Scotland squad to replace Griffiths.

Forgetting Dobbies age or the fact they play in the Championship there’s no real reason they shouldn’t get considered. The goal posts at that level aren’t any smaller from the Championships and I’d guarantee you if they had chances presented to them there’d be goals.

36 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Can assure you its definitely the genuine contract. Nothing of importance on the two pages you can actually see though, other than his signature! 

I thought I could make out £4k per week basic, £500 win bonus,  £250 draw bonus and £250 per goal.  Still not enough IMO. 

absolutely brilliant player one I look forward to watching everytime at the Falkirk stadium despite his incessant one man destruction of us. seems like a model pro and all roundcdecent egg too.

absolutely jealous that Falkirk have no one like this.

I can pay him no higher compliment than say I'd put him on a par with the likes of stainrod latapy and McAllister at our own club. an absolute legend.

McCall was on Sportsound saying either Dobbie or Shankland would be worth a call up to the Scotland squad to replace Griffiths.

Forgetting Dobbies age or the fact they play in the Championship there’s no real reason they shouldn’t get considered. The goal posts at that level aren’t any smaller from the Championships and I’d guarantee you if they had chances presented to them there’d be goals.

Dobbie’s age counts against him and the level they both play at counts against them both, but any player scoring goals at the rate Dobbie and Shankland surely have to at least be considered. The confidence both players must have just now can’t be coached.

McLeish is a complete diddy though and probably hasn’t even heard of Shankland. I’d also be worried about our players regressing under his management.

IMG_0554.jpg

Absolute nonsense. There’s a boy here in Kilmarnock who scores goals in the amateurs for fun (and the Championship isn’t far above that level to be honest) and the goal posts are the same size at that level, should he get a call up too?

He’s playing in a division where Leo Fasan is a first choice keeper.

IMG_0554.jpg.ab44fd8a54a7f37ac14a85626c1f1c0f.jpg

Absolute nonsense. There’s a boy here in Kilmarnock who scores goals in the amateurs for fun (and the Championship isn’t far above that level to be honest) and the goal posts are the same size at that level, should he get a call up too?

He’s playing in a division where Leo Fasan is a first choice keeper.

Dobbie and Shankland have scored a combined 42 goals this season in all comps, all of which were scored against much better opposition that you’d find in an amateur league. For you to suggest that the Championship isn’t that much better than the amateurs is laughable.

A shame for him that he won't get to finish his career at his boyhood heroes
A laughable attempt there and another like for someone having a pop at him. The seethe he brings out in you is almost as pleasing as him consistently horsing your side [emoji38]

On 01/10/2018 at 20:55, Distant Doonhamer said:

I couldn`t find the specific match but the 3 goals are on this from about 9.03 minutes in.

I haven't watched that clip for a few years, some absolutely stunning goals there. Dobbie is one of those strikers that just loves scoring goals, the celebration joy has not diminished over the years.

Worth noting in that clip, that big Sean O'Connor was a superb foil for Dobbie. If it hadn't been for injuries (that outrageous tackle against Morton comes to mind) and his knees plus he had a yard more pace, he would have been some player. He's just turned 37, so not inconceivable that he could still have been playing without the injuries. Big Sean was one of my favourite players at the time, never gave less than his absolute all. 

Long live King Dobbie. 

Archived