Petition for Neil Doncaster to resign

This will do nothing. This means nothing.

Fans need to speak to their clubs. They need to demand action from their boards. They need to, if necessary, threaten to withhold season ticket money unless their board demands change.

Because it's the clubs who appoint clowns like Doncaster and the clubs who keep clowns like Doncaster in position.

Neil Doncaster is just paid to be a punching bag. He's appointed by the clubs and his actual day to day duties are defined by them.

If you've got a CEO who has the remit to maximise income at all costs, that's what they are going to do. They aren't going to go around trying to renegotiate deals with TV companies + stadia when they've got no legal footing to do so - it's just a massive waste of productive hours and is not going to enamour themselves to them when the next negotiations arise.

The SPFL board are the ones with the actual power and they should be the ones being blamed for this shite. Unless they start showing transparency and more openness about stuff, it's a waste of seethe putting it on Doncaster.

57 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Neil Doncaster is just paid to be a punching bag. He's appointed by the clubs and his actual day to day duties are defined by them.

If you've got a CEO who has the remit to maximise income at all costs, that's what they are going to do. They aren't going to go around trying to renegotiate deals with TV companies + stadia when they've got no legal footing to do so - it's just a massive waste of productive hours and is not going to enamour themselves to them when the next negotiations arise.

The SPFL board are the ones with the actual power and they should be the ones being blamed for this shite. Unless they start showing transparency and more openness about stuff, it's a waste of seethe putting it on Doncaster.

Nail on head.  The bit in bold especially.

55 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Yep - Doncaster is the most useful idiot in Scottish Football and I'd imagine that the club owners/chairmen/CEOs are actively pleased that he (or at least his role) is there as he acts as a (smug, barely competent) human shield for them.

When you look at the catalogue of self-interested, backward looking cartel-like decision making from the clubs over the past couple of decades towards the structure of the league and the TV deals, it seems almost comical to blame the figurehead of an organisation that these people run and direct in reality.

Also - petitions.

Guest SPLOOGESTAIN

So what is the solution? I'm so done not just with this clown but the entire organisation at both national and club level. Football in general really, it's a shiteshow all round. I don't accept that there's not a way to change it, but at the same time idk how it can be achieved, I just know it's not a change.org petition.

The only time in recent memory that supporters have effected any change was when club chairmen collectively shat themselves during the "Rangers" debacle. On that occasion, they obviously thought the threats from supporters were real and would hurt and were therefore forced down a path that they didn't want to go.

They simply don't rate petitions, pithy banners or toothless boycott threats - so either make a meaningful threat or forget it...

A lot of people genuinely don't pay attention to what really goes on in Scottish football. They'll be the same ones that genuinely thought the SFA would actually ever leave Hampden.

Doncaster is bulletproof. He is employed by the clubs. They not only kept him in post after his 2012 fiasco, they effectively promoted him and have done so again since. He is now influential in key positions in both the SPFL and SFA. As others have pointed out that's because he does what the clubs want and takes all the flak for it while they get off Scot free. The only change in his circumstances is likely to be a further pay rise.

Aberdeen and Hearts have only themselves to blame for the latest Glasgow/Old Firm stitch up. Along with the other clubs they had the chance to change Scottish football in 2012 and then the 5 years after it but didn't. They are now basically getting what they wanted so they can have no complaints when they and their fans are back to being treated like shit.  If decisions like this have come as a shock then they've been paying even less attention than many fans.

Scottish football clubs showed they don't do change and that they don't even want it. The once in a lifetime chance has come along and has now gone because our clubs are the real problem. Doncaster is the public face of their short sighted small mindedness and and he won't be going anywhere for a while. 

(Basically the same thread in Misc so basically the same reply)

1 hour ago, SPLOOGESTAIN said:

So what is the solution? I'm so done not just with this clown but the entire organisation at both national and club level. Football in general really, it's a shiteshow all round. I don't accept that there's not a way to change it, but at the same time idk how it can be achieved, I just know it's not a change.org petition.

There are posts on here that outline what can be done. The one I've quoted below is a prime example.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

The only time in recent memory that supporters have effected any change was when club chairmen collectively shat themselves during the "Rangers" debacle. On that occasion, they obviously thought the threats from supporters were real and would hurt and were therefore forced down a path that they didn't want to go.

They simply don't rate petitions, pithy banners or toothless boycott threats - so either make a meaningful threat or forget it...

Yup, there really is only one way to enact change.

As others have said, Doncaster is the mug paid to take the heat.

The real problems lie within the clubs themselves.

How many times have those in charge of clubs complained via the media about the treatment of their team/fans, and yet behind the closed doors of Hampden they vote to keep the very people they complain about in their role?

I quite like Neil Doncasters presence in Scottish Football, without him being here, I don’t think I’d have ever heard the word “Cockwomble”.
Its the directors of clubs that keep him in his position, if they wanted change, they could effect that change.
As already stated numerous times, boards get worried when income is threatened, unfortunately I can’t see a concerted effort from fans to challenge boards & directors by withholding money, as we all love football.
2012 was unique, inasmuch as everyone could see the end game & it was so against the basis of “sport”, plus it was a great opportunity for a GIRFUY to the team that lorded over the rest of us for long periods.
Football is now run for money, we either get used to it or seek entertainment elsewhere.... it’s true worldwide & not just a Scottish problem.

Archived