St Johnstone v Celtic, 7th October

This is Scotland, not Ireland, the majority of people in this country were victims of IRA bombings, so don't get high and fucking mighty when people take exception to you lot screeching about them being the good guys.

Define ‘victims’.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the f**k do Celtic fans indulge in whataboutery regarding the British Army when pulled up about IRA songs? 

I could maybe see their point if opposing fans were singing songs glorifying British soldiers.

Keep your fucking shite for Rangers games when all you weird c***s get together. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nobody claimed they did. I said Scots were victims of IRA terrorist attacks, something you've bizarrely claimed is untrue because the IRA didn't attack Scotland. 

Innocent Scots live all over the UK, IRA indiscriminately bombed innocents all over the UK, Scots were victims in some of these. 

What's your issue with understanding that?

What about innocent Irish men, women and children killed in the troubles by British soldiers, many Scottish, many directly and many by collusion and association with others. 

Bloody Sunday, Ballymurphy etc and many more, you seem to only focus on those killed by the IRA, many more killed in the three decades other than those you mention, but if done so wearing British army uniform its not terrorism?

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

I would also reiterate that the use of the term "innocents" to describe soldiers stationed in another country is tenuous

:lol: you honestly believe the only Scots outside Scotland at that time were soldiers? Honestly?

Just now, Flybhoy said:

What about innocent Irish men, women and children killed in the troubles by British soldiers, many Scottish, many directly and many by collusion and association with others. 

Bloody Sunday, Ballymurphy etc and many more, you seem to only focus on those killed by the IRA, many more killed in the three decades other than those you mention, but if done so wearing British army uniform its not terrorism?

You've missed the point entirely. If Scots fans sang Bloody Sunday in Dublin I'd be exactly the same in my reaction.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

:lol: you honestly believe the only Scots outside Scotland at that time were soldiers? Honestly?

I am not aware of any other Scots' victims of the Troubles on either side. Feel free to disabuse me as you clearly know so much. Still doesn't explain the phrase "our country" [your emphasis] but whatevs. 

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

NOBODY IS SINGING ABOUT BRITISH SOLDIERS YOU THICK c**t. 

2 hours ago, Rovers15 said:

A couple of farmers wife's getting upset about a few songs, if you don't like the songs don't go to the celtic games. 

What a great attitude. This sort of thing is why nothing ever happens about it.

2 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

You tried and you failed.

A bit like those terrorists you support.

You are/were in the army id hazard a guess at, clear from your party line, brainwashed tones of your posts on this thread you believe everything the British troops did and do is justified and anyone who disagrees or opposes is a terrorist or terrorist sympathiser, if you weren't in the armed forces there is probably some connection to them, either way you're a fucking nugget.

To be honest reading about the three Scottish soldiers killed in a honey trap during the Troubles, it was a pretty shit situation. They were probably daft lads who didn't have a clue what they were getting into when they signed up. They were probably fed some patriotic claptrap and thought they were off to become heroes or else it was just a way off the dole. Then they were lured somewhere and killed in cold blood by other easily manipulated young men. They probably were manipulated in the same way Tibbermoresaint probably has been. He is clearly a simpleton who would be easily convinced that us Brits are the good guys in any conflict (as if there is one) .  For these reasons and others I'd really rather some of our supporters didn't sing songs about the IRA, even though they have some belting tunes. It isn't a minority at away games, but tbh it definitely is at home games.

OTOH what I said which drew me into this conversation was factually accurate and neutral. 

11 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Why the f**k do Celtic fans indulge in whataboutery regarding the British Army when pulled up about IRA songs? 

I could maybe see their point if opposing fans were singing songs glorifying British soldiers.

Keep your fucking shite for Rangers games when all you weird c***s get together. 

They are at a football match in Scotland m8. I think everyone should be focusing on why these utter minks are singing about the IRA in the first place. Anyone defending the singing of politically/religiously motivated shite at a football match is nowhere short of an idiot. The buildup of their defence is secondary to that fact.

Same goes for the blue cheek obviously. If you fall anywhere short of outright condemnation of the bigots/morons in your support, you are a bigot/moron yourself.

11 minutes ago, The OP said:

I am not aware of any other Scots' victims of the Troubles on either side. Feel free to disabuse me as you clearly know so much. Still doesn't explain the phrase "our country" [your emphasis] but whatevs. 

I thought the Glasgow bombings were IRA, I'm happy to go with you lot if you claim it's not. Still doesn't change the fact the IRA killed innocent Scots though. 

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Nobody thinks Britain are the good guys you thick c**t, none of us sing about the British government because they are also horrible b*****ds. 

That doesn’t excuse blowing up innocent people. Moron. 

Equates singing Irish rebel songs as celebrating killing people, then calls someone a moron. 

Irony overload. 

Archived