Clash of the titans Raith v Arbroath

Surely there won't be any more than 150 from Arbroath? No need to bother changing the usual routine.

Well we took 213 to east fife so I’d imagine we’ll bring a lot more than that considering it’s 1st vs 2nd and it’s easy to get to on the train

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

Two baldies is better than one emoji1.png

it's a real head to head clash

By the way, I'd be surprised if there were more than 100-130 Lichties there next Saturday.    Raith's main stand has lovely character but is poor and uncomfortable so not there please.  In due recognition of the halftime migratory habits of the Lichtie faithful, it would be nice to get into your railside stand for a change

it's a real head to head clash
By the way, I'd be surprised if there were more than 100-130 Lichties there next Saturday.    Raith's main stand has lovely character but is poor and uncomfortable so not there please.  In due recognition of the halftime migratory habits of the Lichtie faithful, it would be nice to get into your railside stand for a change

There's not been an away league game where there hasn't been that amount, so not sure why that would change for this, even Dumbarton would've had 100, sure East Fife was 250 odd too and it's a total pain in the arse getting there if you're not driving or on a supporters bus.

Not sure why it's a discussion though, why not just keep it the same as last time?

If Raith can do the basic organisation right and properly segregate it there is no issue with the 250/300 of us being put in the main stand.

If they're unable to do the basics like this time last year then stick us in the stand behind the goal.

Should fans at league 1 level really need to be segregated? 
No, they shouldn't. First game last time around there were a couple of Arbroath fans who seemed happy to give it out when their team was playing well, then threw the toys out the pram when we scored.

It's hardly needing more than a couple of stewards. There's absolutely no point in us opening up a full stand for a team who will fill about 10% of it.

I’ve actually moved round to the main stand since the away fans went in there.

They tend to produce a semblance of an atmosphere at least, and there appears to be a far lower ratio of half wits amongst the Raith fans in that section.

There was a bit of aggro when Airdrie turned up last season as well, especially when one particular puddle drinker tried to attach his Union Jack to the bit in front of the home fans. A bold move.

If Raith can do the basic organisation right and properly segregate it there is no issue with the 250/300 of us being put in the main stand.
If they're unable to do the basics like this time last year then stick us in the stand behind the goal.

Don’t Arbroath play to unsegregated crowds of around 7-800 weekly? Seems odd that a couple of hundred suddenly need to be fenced in to behave themselves.

I suspect Arbroath will be in the McDermid Stand. A weird kind of reward for having a few morons in the support I guess but I’d be chuffed with the outcome if I was an Arbroath fan.

If Arbroath fans are in the main stand it would be sensible to put us all nearer to the half way line and the Rovers nearer to their fans behind the goal. Tape the dividing line and it's sorted. Been done at other grounds before.

50 minutes ago, relichtie said:

If Arbroath fans are in the main stand it would be sensible to put us all nearer to the half way line and the Rovers nearer to their fans behind the goal. Tape the dividing line and it's sorted. Been done at other grounds before.

You'll go where you're telt.

Discuss the game no the logistics

Same team as yesterday on Saturday for me, Omar has finally come out for DD, keep it the same

Not sure how Raith will play or who they'll play but some good players in there. Fancy us to score at least once, don't think we've had a game this season where we haven't?

So if we could keep it tight other end might come away with a good result

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Won't make this as it's my wedding day but I'll be keeping a close an eye on the score as possible, 3 points would be a lovely gift Rovers.

Hope the team do better than they did on the day I got married: pumped 5-0 away to Morton. 

All the best for Saturday. 

Won't make this as it's my wedding day but I'll be keeping a close an eye on the score as possible, 3 points would be a lovely gift Rovers.
I missed the Falkirk away game in 2016 because I was getting married. Gutted because we won 4 - 2 that day. Even managed to include it in my speech.

7 hours ago, relichtie said:

Makes sense but we have a couple of hundred season ticket holders in the main stand, most of which have had the same seat for donkeys. Bit harsh to move them when they have paid for the privilege of their own seat and in a place they enjoy viewing from (near halfway line)

what we should (and probably will do) is tape off behind the goals keeping you all in a section together and give you more stewarding than is required.

8 hours ago, relichtie said:

What do you do with the rovers season ticket holders whos seat is in that area, End of the day if a section of your away support can’t behave that isn’t the fault of Rovers season ticket holders so why would they give up there seats because there might be 300 Arbroath fans turning up. It’s been sorted at other grounds fair enough! but considering we have more season ticket holders than what you got in total at home  on Saturday it hardly warrants upsetting our own support to accomadate a few 100 Arbroath fans

Archived