Clash of the titans Raith v Arbroath

Dude lol
Dick is some size of a man, not the healthiest by the look of him, there was genuinely no way he could’ve walked any quicker up that touchline. His after match interviews are usually full of contradictions and sometimes he really trips himself up, he’s been leaving them to Ian mostly this year as well as the Q&As who comes across very well. 
I think most of us tend to cringe a bit when watching him and listening to him but he has put together a very very good Arbroath team and has everyone at the club pulling in the same direction.  

His interviews are brilliant if you don't take them too seriously, it would be irritating if he was doing a poor job but whilst he's got us doing well, which he has basically done since he got his first full season, couldn't care less. Ian is more professional and serious and good to listen to but I'd rather hear a DC interview if I had to pick. Yesterday's interview was superb, doesn't mince his words and just does not care less.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The referee had been allowing play to continue on after rough challenges all game.  It's hardly a surprise he didn't flag anything. Hendry did brilliant to hassle, and play to any whistle. 

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Well there's not a hope in hell of John Mcglynn being complacent to be honest. 

I think we will be fine because I trust Mcglynn to sort out the issues in the squad.  We bottled it last season because we were soft as shit and didn't make full time advantage count, and Mcglynn has track record in addressing both those things. 

Of course there's no guarantee that Arbroath will fall away at any stage, but I don't think it's unreasonable for Rovers fans to feel confident of promotion looking at our squad and the fact that for the first time in a good few years they will be managed properly. Won't happen overnight but id like to think that over the course of the season we will make it count. Didn't see anything yesterday that made me feel any different about the season ahead but Arbroath won't exactly have left with any concerns either. 

Hendry will be massive for us, been a long time since we've been able to say our central midfielders were the best players on the pitch and if we can find a bit more confidence in that final third we will be fine. 

As much as I hate the international break, it's a real positive from our point of view. We'll have Matthews and Duggan back to full fitness, and it'll allow for McGlynn to get a bit of time to know the team a bit better. Completely agree with your post though.  If there's one thing we saw from McGlynn's first time with us, was that he gets his squad to work as hard and as effectively as possible.

We've got a bit of an imbalance at the moment given that Flanagan is our only out and out winger (unless we move Vaughan on the wing, which we know can work to great effect from last season) and that we don't have an established right back with any experience of note.  Our main issue last week was that neither of Flanagan, Murray or Milne got anything decent into the box across pretty much all of the 90 minutes. 

Campbell's interview was a funny one, but you've got to appreciate it's the heat of the moment for his comments. He's spot on saying he's not going to bother answering any questions about it being of importance given a league isn't won in the first quarter. 

47 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

His interviews are brilliant if you don't take them too seriously, it would be irritating if he was doing a poor job but whilst he's got us doing well, which he has basically done since he got his first full season, couldn't care less. Ian is more professional and serious and good to listen to but I'd rather hear a DC interview if I had to pick. Yesterday's interview was superb, doesn't mince his words and just does not care less.

54 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Dude lol

Dick is some size of a man, not the healthiest by the look of him, there was genuinely no way he could’ve walked any quicker up that touchline. His after match interviews are usually full of contradictions and sometimes he really trips himself up, he’s been leaving them to Ian mostly this year as well as the Q&As who comes across very well. 

I think most of us tend to cringe a bit when watching him and listening to him but he has put together a very very good Arbroath team and has everyone at the club pulling in the same direction.  

In all honesty Dick is still up there as one of , if not the best manager Brechin have ever had and also one of the best managers at this level of football. We all slag him but deep down we would love him back at the glebe. 

Knows how to get the best out of people and certainly raises the profile of every club he goes to.  

Even after all these years he is getting results with his tried and tested methods.  As was said he doesn't give a shit and is not afraid to go and win games as his boast about two wingers testifies.  His health is not the best but fair play to him for battling the cancer in the same way he manages his teams.  

The lower leagues need a cantankerous (?)   Dick Campbell . Long may his magical rants continue. 

In all honesty Dick is still up there as one of , if not the best manager Brechin have ever had and also one of the best managers at this level of football. We all slag him but deep down we would love him back at the glebe. 
Knows how to get the best out of people and certainly raises the profile of every club he goes to.  
Even after all these years he is getting results with his tried and tested methods.  As was said he doesn't give a shit and is not afraid to go and win games as his boast about two wingers testifies.  His health is not the best but fair play to him for battling the cancer in the same way he manages his teams.  
The lower leagues need a cantankerous (?)   Dick Campbell . Long may his magical rants continue. 

Well said, guys the godfather of the Scottish lower leagues.

8 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Agree totally with all above knows how to give everyone the feel good factor and is made for Arbroath because the fans  believe every word he utters:lol:

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Where can I find the interview?

Dude lol

Cringe? Absolutely not. I love his style and humour. Accuracy isn’t everything.

On 07/10/2018 at 12:29, 1320Lichtie said:

How do you know that?

Dick Campbell said so in his post match interview,  so must be true.

Mind you he also quoted that our subs said it was a yard out before we scored, yet we had no subs warming up at that point, and that we equalised in the 98th min.  I think old Uncle Fester is losing it.  Wonder if having seen the highlights he still thinks Thomson must be a ballerina to pull off a move like he did?

Dick Campbell said so in his post match interview,  so must be true.

Mind you he also quoted that our subs said it was a yard out before we scored, yet we had no subs warming up at that point, and that we equalised in the 98th min.  I think old Uncle Fester is losing it.  Wonder if having seen the highlights he still thinks Thomson must be a ballerina to pull off a move like he did?

Maybe the players on the pitch said to the subs? [emoji849]

Archived