Clash of the titans Raith v Arbroath

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You would think Arbroath fans would as nothing has changed up your way since the 80s. 
Thought I'd been transported back to the seventies when walking through Kirkcaldy yesterday,Rovers fans are really pissed of with yesterday it's shining brightly through the posts on here.

Thought I'd been transported back to the seventies when walking through Kirkcaldy yesterday,Rovers fans are really pissed of with yesterday it's shining brightly through the posts on here.

DC has got them all saved and will put them on the wall at training tomorrow

24 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Who the f**k still uses “dude”?

It's made a comeback with some of my  kids mates

11 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

You would think Arbroath fans would as nothing has changed up your way since the 80s. 

To be fair they've got a Tesco and a dual carriageway most of the way from Dundee now :) 

5 minutes ago, keptie said:
12 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

You get transported back to the roaring twenties going up to gayfield .

You get transported back to the roaring twenties going up to gayfield .
If you can remember the 1920s and still attending Rovers games now I take my hat off to you sir...or should I say dude [emoji4]

Quality game yesterday! Was expecting it to be nervy and there to be a bit of spice but wasn't sure how McGlynn would have set up. When it went open and we had Flanagan and Milne running at Arbroath we looked dangerous and likewise when Lynn was running at us.

Would have liked the win but happy with the draw and to only be 4 points behind Arbroath at this stage with all things considered then it's not the end of the world.

That's the best I think I've ever seen an Arbroath team play and I'm sure by most of the Arbroath fans reactions, and DCs comments after the game, they'll likely agree. But that was far from our best performance and we still came away with a point. It's been the story of the season and most of last season. When we turn it on then we can put teams away, but even when we are off the boil, we rarely come away with nothing. McGlynn should be able to get the consistency of getting those better performances more regularly than the hot and cold performances we had last season which cost us points.

At the end of the day it's nice that Arbroath can have some success and good for them. They brought a good crowd and it would have been a good day out for them. But they tired towards the end and that's how we got through them. The same thing will happen as the season goes on and we'll get stronger as they get weaker.

The longer people like Dick Campbell are in the game, the better. Although by the looks of it, I don't think he was deliberately taking his time walking down the touchline yesterday I genuinely think he needed to stop for a breath. "Just a fat peaky blinder" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

24 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

At the end of the day it's nice that Arbroath can have some success and good for them. They brought a good crowd and it would have been a good day out for them. But they tired towards the end and that's how we got through them. The same thing will happen as the season goes on and we'll get stronger as they get weaker.

A bit patronising there. We tired towards the end...really. we had 2 great chances at the end and looked pretty strong to me. Rovers supporters seem to have this complacent attitude that it'll all be ok come the end of the season just because they are the only full time team in the league and that us and anyone else challenging will simply fall by the wayside. hope your players and management are thinking along the same lines ….you might be in for a shock.

Well there's not a hope in hell of John Mcglynn being complacent to be honest. 

I think we will be fine because I trust Mcglynn to sort out the issues in the squad.  We bottled it last season because we were soft as shit and didn't make full time advantage count, and Mcglynn has track record in addressing both those things. 

Of course there's no guarantee that Arbroath will fall away at any stage, but I don't think it's unreasonable for Rovers fans to feel confident of promotion looking at our squad and the fact that for the first time in a good few years they will be managed properly. Won't happen overnight but id like to think that over the course of the season we will make it count. Didn't see anything yesterday that made me feel any different about the season ahead but Arbroath won't exactly have left with any concerns either. 

Hendry will be massive for us, been a long time since we've been able to say our central midfielders were the best players on the pitch and if we can find a bit more confidence in that final third we will be fine. 

Dude lol

Dick is some size of a man, not the healthiest by the look of him, there was genuinely no way he could’ve walked any quicker up that touchline. His after match interviews are usually full of contradictions and sometimes he really trips himself up, he’s been leaving them to Ian mostly this year as well as the Q&As who comes across very well. 

I think most of us tend to cringe a bit when watching him and listening to him but he has put together a very very good Arbroath team and has everyone at the club pulling in the same direction.  

Archived